PDA

View Full Version : Armi Sports

454shooter
12-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi Y'all,
In the Rifle discussion, ( wrong thread. sorry)I asked about the reliablity of Armi Sports 45Colt copy.
Prices are good. One with a convertable cylinder for 45 ACP and Colt 45.
What I would like to know, about accuracy and if anyone has had one, about being reliable.
These 2 factors will determine if an Armi Sports will be bought.
2 guys in the Italian Cowboy shooting board, recommended Armi Sports.
(no, I don't speak Italian.) They speak English pretty good.Can understand them.
Anyway, your turn.

Toney
12-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Hey Richard I have not shot one. Have read these guns are being made better all the time. I have been wanting to shoot a revolver chambered for the 45acp.

mroliver77
12-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Toney, I have an N frame S&W that is basically a rip off of the model 1917. It is etched on the side plate Brazil 1937. Chambered in .45 acp. It uses the "moon" clips or "Autorim" brass. It is fun to shoot. It had weeny little grips that hurt the hand when it was fired. I put a set of Pachmeyer presentation grips on it and now it is a puppy. Smooth old gun. Nice trigger although somewhat light. I shoot the 452423 Lyman through it with great accuracy. If'n you ever get to Ohio stop in and shoot to you puke!
I read in an article that you could fire a .45 acp round in a .45 Colt chamber by loading it and pointing up. Then slowly lower muzzle to level and fire. It made sense and seemed safe enough so I tried it in my Ruger BH. It worked fine for a few rounds and then it got boring. I was surprized that the inertia would be enough for firing pin to work. Jay

Toney
12-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey Jay How much more recoil is there than a 1911

Got a Clone this summer a max 1 Llama After shooting my little 66 mag it seemed a little weak. Since i have learned to shoot the 45 it's been doing good Reall good for a pistol the rattles so bad. The slide is really loose Its shooting around 3" at 15yd with hand cast

kg42
12-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Gotcha Toney! We need an article on that Llama, with pictures, metal hardness for every part, compatibility with standard 1911 bits, etc... ;)

I remember the 1917 to be very tame compared to a 1911. It looks skinny but digest the recoil better.

kg

Oh, and are the Llama parts cast, MIM,etc... :)
it's so hard to find someone who actually has the Llama he's talking about those days.