PDA

View Full Version : Heads-up on PMP and PMC brass

armyrat1970
09-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Have never had a problem with these headstamp cases before for the 223. Last week I grabbed a couple of handsful of cleaned 45ACP cases to load up for my cast boolit. I got together 20 that were close in length and that I could trim to same length after sizing. I had a couple of PMP cases in the lot and several PMC cases. Wasn't going with all the same headstamps and never gave it a thought as I have used these cases before in 223 with never a problem and good results. After sizing I was cleaning the primer pockets and was shocked as to how far off center the flasholes were. I felt lucky I didn't damage my decapping pin on my Lee 45 Carbide Speed Die. Don't know how old this brass is as it is range brass but the flasholes have never been tampered with as the burrs were still inside of the case. It is factory punched flasholes for sure. Have heard that about A-Merc brass before but the first time I have ever seen it with PMP or PMC cases.

versifier
09-16-2009, 03:59 PM
I have seen occasional off-center flash holes on all kinds of brass - it is not common, but neither is it unusual. Worst I can remember was a batch of 100 brand new R/P rifle cases where more than half of the flash holes were way off center and unusable. They were quickly replaced with an apology at Remington's expense. I once had two cases in a batch of 7.7Jap from Norma with NO flash holes, which I fixed myself. I still wonder what would have happened if I had seated primers and tried to fire them unknowing. :shock: Probably better not to know....

Bullshop Junior
11-10-2009, 05:44 AM
I had that hapen on some AMA 223. But I did bend the rod in my RCBS dies. I have never seen that in PMC, but have seen it in one PMP 30/06.

PMP & PMC are not made in the some place.