PDA

View Full Version : Max Load for 454 Casull

br549y
08-15-2009, 09:48 PM
What would be the max load with a 340 WFNGC with Lil Gun ? I can't seem to find much info it but have heard that LilGun likes big bullets. I like using H110 / 296 through it but thought I would try a pound to see how it works . By the way thisis through a Raging Bull. Thanks .................[smilie=s:

runfiverun
08-16-2009, 12:31 PM
lilgun gets peaky in its pressure pretty quickly.
i don't use it but thought you would want to know.
b.t.w. welcome
and br-549 is my second favorite phone number.

kg42
08-16-2009, 11:47 PM
What would be the max load with a 340 WFNGC with Lil Gun ? I can't seem to find much info it but have heard that LilGun likes big bullets. I like using H110 / 296 through it but thought I would try a pound to see how it works . By the way thisis through a Raging Bull. Thanks .................[smilie=s:

mmmmmm..., wouldn't you rather go the usual way of using starting loads and letting your gun tell you when to stop? :mrgreen:

data.hodgdon.com/ has loads for similar 335 and 360gr bullets.

kg

odoh
08-28-2009, 06:27 AM
There seems to be reports from creditable source that Lil' Gun may destroy the barrel in the Freedom Arms Forum of greybeards.

I fired one round 454 Casull loaded w/Lil' Gun in my Puma lever action and was amazed how hot the barrel was over the chamber area. Bro is pulling down his loaded ammo as this is penned. I'm stuck w/3#s of the stuff ~