PDA

View Full Version : On other forums/Tombstone is out

454shooter
12-09-2005, 06:06 AM
Hi Y'all,
Been on GrayBeard Outdoors, and the other fun forum, is True West.
http://www.twmag.com/
Look for "maniacs or talk/forums".
After doing some searches on ranchrescue.com, went to the website.
It is getting serious, and scary in southern Arizona.Was there today.
Been to the website before.Remebered about the situation that is showing
the ranch rescue people as "crazies", and "vigilanties". Ok, if they are, then go without your gun.Walk up to a bunch of illegals,and see how far you go.
The above isn't for the good people here. I'd challenge some do-gooders that thinks the borders should be opened up. They'd change their minds in a hurry. Provided they come back in one piece.Been some serious things take place.
But, I'm glad I took the guns anyway.For at least, my piece of mind.
So, moving to Tombstone, is out.
Been told in GBO, about the situation from Tombstone and below.
Anyway,it is out.
A lot of nice replies,is from True West forums.Doc is sure cantankerous at times.He tell it like it is.
Been a lot of talk aboutWyatt Earp, Bat Masterson,Ringo,Billy the Kid, and more.
I asked about "fringes on coats".Jnicktem replied back. And been reading about his numerous replies.
Found out very recently,he's 17 ! He talks like a 30 year old.And, a senior in high school.
He really likes history. And he does shoot.
So, if you are interested in the old west,this is it. I'm 45-70Ranger there.
Come to think about it,I must be on at least 12-14 forums.
That's a bunch.
Got to find out if a guy from Riverbank replied recently.Met him on forums.sixgunner.com. Trying to arrange a meet in Riverbank.His partner wound up with a stroke.Real sad about his partner.
On this one,(forums.sixgunner.com)I'm 454shooter.
Will see you all later.

Toney
12-10-2005, 02:24 AM
It's a cool site Richard.

454shooter
12-11-2005, 06:22 AM
Hi Toney,
Thank you.
On guy contacted me from forums.sixgunner.com.
After a few weeks of back-and-forth "chat" if you will,finally met
late today.
He had a partner. His partner got a stroke, and couldn't walk.
Then, sometime ago, he broke his leg. Starting to try to walk again.
Of what I percieve,his partner gets down.Guess, I would, too. He said he is doing better.That IS good.
Anyway, the meeting was a good one. All we have to do now, is set a date,for the Modesto Rifle Club.Looking forward to that.
Haven't been there since the mid-80's. Have a bunch of ammo, that don't remember when, grains bullet/powder etc, was loaded.
When all fired, start all over,again.That's OK. Start fresh, and keep records.
Sure had a nice face-to-face chat.
At "True West" forums,a link to the Italian Cowboy Shooting forums, WOW !,
got a warm welcome to Italy ! This was at the "International Forum".
I am told, if I need a translation, just ask. Many do speak English.
A humbling welcome, might add.
I was the first one to register there !
If you care to, on the bottom of the "True West Forum", right side, you can go to "Issues". Click on that. And something about the Texas Rangers being
racist. Click on this, then you'll see the threads and more. This is where the
"GuardianAngel" and "Moebius" are. these two are from Italy.
In a few days, will have to wipe a hard drive (one of the guys from work).
And do a re-install of Win 98/Win 2000/or Win M.E.Toss up between Win98S.E. and Win M.E.
On mine,the computer (guess?!) repaired itself. Still missing 2 drives.Will have to find them, and get them out.
AAHH ! Hardware ! Some don't last hardly past a sneeze.Or, 2 cups of coffee.
The news from Stockton,CA, are making a big deal about an ice skating rink.
About ice hockey. To me, it's more like "hockey de la bull".
Sure don't say anything about hunting anymore.
Toney, IF I lived a lot closer, you sure wouldn't have to be alone. It's a lot better to have a partner.Glad you have someone with you.
Well, time to go again.Shoot straight.

Toney
12-13-2005, 05:23 AM
I'm still hunting. Got my fall turkey the other day. Anterless season is this weekend. Think I will try to go up the tree this weekend, haven't been up but once this year. Been hunting in a little popup.
Did have espoide at first of season, had ate chinse out of town, on the way home had wife drop me off in woods while she went to get tree stand. Took about 4 units of insulin for meal, walked in about 75 yards, had a seat. About 15 mins later a group of does came walking up, I shoot one about 30 yards. Its hard to tell how I doing with dibates
makes the rush last along long time. By the time wife got there I had started gutting it, it was just a few min. and i couldn't even stand up. Sugar had dropped to 40, it's happened to me a couple times before but was not alone. Always carry sugar with me. Good think the wife was back, she had to dress the deer, she is pretty good at it too.

Bullshop Junior
12-13-2005, 05:47 AM
I'm still hunting. Got my fall turkey the other day. Anterless season is this weekend. Think I will try to go up the tree this weekend, haven't been up but once this year. Been hunting in a little popup.
Did have espoide at first of season, had ate chinse out of town, on the way home had wife drop me off in woods while she went to get tree stand. Took about 4 units of insulin for meal, walked in about 75 yards, had a seat. About 15 mins later a group of does came walking up, I shoot one about 30 yards. Its hard to tell how I doing with dibates
makes the rush last along long time. By the time wife got there I had started gutting it, it was just a few min. and i couldn't even stand up. Sugar had dropped to 40, it's happened to me a couple times before but was not alone. Always carry sugar with me. Good think the wife was back, she had to dress the deer, she is pretty good at it too.

If my mom had to gut something she would probably throw up!!!!! and my sister would run and cry because the animal is dead!!! she has been doing this laetly: Daniel, you will not shoot the rabbit!!!! Christian, do want dinner??? MOM!!! DANIELS GOING TO GO KILL A RABBIT!!!!!!!!!
DANIEL/BS JR.[smilie=f:

454shooter
12-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Hi Daniel,
Yeah, sometimes gutting isn't easy for the queezy.
When I got my first squirrel,had to prepare it.Knew what I had to do.
Then did it. Got it home. Had baked squirrel. Pretty good.
At another time, had rattlesnake for dinner.With steak and a salad. And, we were hunting !
Take care, Daniel.
Have a better tomorrow, than yesterday.

Bullshop Junior
12-14-2005, 01:41 AM
Hi Daniel,
Yeah, sometimes gutting isn't easy for the queezy.
When I got my first squirrel,had to prepare it.Knew what I had to do.
Then did it. Got it home. Had baked squirrel. Pretty good.
At another time, had rattlesnake for dinner.With steak and a salad. And, we were hunting !
Take care, Daniel.
Have a better tomorrow, than yesterday.

The Time I got my first squirrel I was in montana doing my school. I was in the house doing my school and there was this squirrel, and he kept sitting in the window!!!!!!! That little brat was driving me nuts!!!!!![smilie=f: :mad: So I went and fixed him!!!!!!!:?: A couple of days before I had got a new gun for my birthday. a savage #24 22L.R. over 20ga. when that little brat came to the window again I grabbed the gun and went outside chased the brat up a tree loaded the 20GA chamber and pulled the trigger. A miss how did I miss? loaded the 22 chamber and shot. a miss!?!? how did I miss???!!! shot the 22 through that cotton wood tree and hit the squirrel in the guts. I went to gut it because dad was gone I had to gut it myself. I tried to gut it the way that you gut a bird to get just the breast meat, stepped on his front legs and pulled out his tail!!!!!!! after I pulled out his tail I put him somewhere it would not spoil and went back to the house to do school.

I shoot quite a few squirrels now days and have learned how to gut them. I will never try to do that again!!!!! I lost a dollar that I could have made on the hide and messed it up for the person that had to finish gutting it. But I did get my school finished!!!!!
DANIEL/BS JR.

454shooter
12-14-2005, 04:03 AM

Hi Toney,
It is said,"Do not anger wife, with knife !":D A future Chinese Proverb.
Crocodile Dundee "Now, THIS is a knife !". And mine, isn't too far from that big ! Call it
my mini-machete.
Well,Toney, take care of yourself. I know you do. But, here we care !
Other than diabetes,have fun. Enjoy yourself back in OK. Snowing yet ?
Later.