PDA

View Full Version : In The Dog House

Toney
12-06-2005, 03:50 AM
Brought home a M44 today. Now got one of each. 38,44, & 91 sweet. Twice as good as the rifle I got from sog. The bore is almost perfect, very bright, rifling is crisp. No frost what so ever. Machine work is smooth, It's a 47. The reciever and barrel has all the blue, not that dull looking crap that they put on when they reblue them. The magazine looks like it's out of an older rifle, with alot of blue wore off. not machined near as nice. Stock almost as nice but some of the finished has peeled. Few scratches & dings but not to bad. All 3 are Izshevsky .Think it's worth the sleep on the couch tonight?::-P

454shooter
12-06-2005, 07:45 AM
Hi Toney,
In the doghouse again ? Is that considered "cruel and inhumane" for us ?
I'm nearly always there.My G/F being a "city girl", The usual "Why do you need another gun for ?" ( How about, "because,just because ?")
Why does she need another purse for ? And another radio/CD for ?
With an answer to my inquiry to Atlas Pacific Engineering Company, about the shutdown of our canneries, was "Rumor and conjecture." from a boss at Atlas.Got the reply today.
Now,got an excuse to buy 2 more guns next year.
Would love to have a Sharps 45-70, and a Colt copy 45.Told her that, would like one, or both.Eyeballing a Sharps,just the same.Don't care if it's used.
Going to be used in the field anyway.Like all my guns.
Where did we put those dog collars ? If we are good,we get a doggie biscuit.

Toney
12-06-2005, 10:21 PM
It's a shooter! took it to the river today, to cold to put up targets so i just blasted across the river . It shot low and to the left, but i did'nt have the bayo extended. Set the sight on 200y and it was about right. Was shooting some of that com block stuff

Just got through cleaning the barrel and all the junk is out!!! best barrel on a russian gun i've ever seen. Kent was asking $100 i offered him 70, dam he might have went lower!

454shooter
12-07-2005, 06:06 AM
Hi Toney,
Are these a 7.62x54R by any chance ?
Sounds like you got a good deal.
You might extend that bayo, to get it to shoot straight.Who was it ?, The Japs, or the V.C., that believed the bullet would go farther or straighter, with the bayo on ? Scratching my head.
Sold my 7.62x54R, years ago.Bought it at Duncan's Gun Shop in Vista,CA, back in the mid 70's.Took it deer hunting in the mid 80's.Thought that the soft point ammo was expensive-$20.00 a box ! Never got a shot.
Still have a round or two left of the military ammo. One was a dud.
Now, for the 45-70,I'll pay anywhere from $27.00 to $33.00 for each box of 20. Just to get brass.Not many gun stores here have 45-70 brass.Ammo, they got ! Just glad I reload. Got another excuse; need molds. .458/400 to
405 gr.
Hope you didn't sleep on the couch !
Richard

Toney
12-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Yep it's a 7.62-54. I think there hotter than the 8mm.

Did'nt have to sleep on the couch!!!!! These rifles are thearpy. Gives me something to do, so my sugar does'nt go to high. I can't hardly go outside without some one with me. Taking Insulin is like russian rulelet. Wife goes deer hunting with me most of season when shes not at work. Then daughters boyfriend goes. Wife home all week works on weekends private nurse.
I buy my rifles with the food money we used to spend on pots, bread & things like that. Mainly eat meat & green vegs. I killed the meat.

454shooter
12-09-2005, 05:27 AM
Hi Toney,
Glad to hear of not sleeping on the couch.
Those 7.62x54's sound good.
I would like some therapy,too.
Been overcast,some rain, and not good to reload.
Could, but sometimes a breeze will kick up.And will mess the scales up.
Not totally enclosed.A jacket would be a must.And much better lighting.
Give you an idea of how it is.Go into a mobile home park.Look at the overhang
of the main front door.Many of them are open from front to back, on the deck.Few are fully enclosed.
My other therapy, is to tear down and re-build computers.
Might have to take this one off line.Think another hard drive is starting to have problems.Think a DVD and a hard drive went way south.
Gonna post some more in "General".
Take care Toney, we want you around for a long time !You also have a good wife.Say "Hi" from me.
Later.

Bullshop Junior
12-09-2005, 06:53 AM
Brought home a M44 today. Now got one of each. 38,44, & 91 sweet. Twice as good as the rifle I got from sog. The bore is almost perfect, very bright, rifling is crisp. No frost what so ever. Machine work is smooth, It's a 47. The reciever and barrel has all the blue, not that dull looking crap that they put on when they reblue them. The magazine looks like it's out of an older rifle, with alot of blue wore off. not machined near as nice. Stock almost as nice but some of the finished has peeled. Few scratches & dings but not to bad. All 3 are Izshevsky .Think it's worth the sleep on the couch tonight?::-P

I have a old 1917 enfield Is that same condition. Excellant blueing, and the machine work is excellent. the magazine is Ok. It is a sporter and I use some times. last winter me and my dad went for a walk and I took that gun, and dad took his cooper in 22 ccm. We saw a rabbit and I shot at it and missed do to forgetting that the sights where set for 200 yards. dad shot it in the ear with the cooper, and I shot again remembering to aim low. hit that little brat in the head [smilie=f: and it did not have a head anymore, and the carrying him home gutted him out do to the boolit hole in the front half of the body. Well the gun is not mine. It is my dads, but I want it and I am the only one who shoots it because dad can not see the sights. That is nice because I always win the match when we shoot a family iron sight match, but I have learned in my years that I need to let dad win every once in a while so he will keep giving boolits and bullets and powder and primers. I consider the gun mine and dad can do nothing about that!!!

454Shooter,
My mom is the same way that your girl friend is, DANIEL WHAT IN THE WOLRD ARE YOU DOING WITH A NEW GUN? Mom I traded my 22 L.R. for it at the gun show. GO PUT IT AWAY AND DO THE DISHES! But Mom I need to test it to see if it likes this boolit. PUT IT AWAY AND DO THE DISHES!!! Yes ma'am.
DANIEL/BS JR.

454shooter
12-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Hi Daniel,
I already told her, about the Sharps 45-70.
Could care less if it is used. As long as it hits at the yardage it is set for,
then I'll be happy.And, it don't have to look like it came out of the box.
It's going to be used in th field anyway.
Will be looking for one with the ladder sight.
BUT, if I also buy a 45 Colt,I will have to make SURE those 45 loads are for the Colt clone.This time, I'll go for the 4 5/8" to 5 " barrel.No high pressure loads for this one.
Yep, got to do some housework tomorrow. We're getting into the rainy season.Some people don't pay attention to my predictions.
Last night, told her it won't rain until later that night.'bout midnight, it did rain.For about 10-15 minutes,then quit.
Tonight, could rain between now and early morning.
Can't reload on the deck. Get to get this mobile home cleaned up.
I just collect too much stuff.
Check out "General Discussion". A guy is 17, and really good in history.
Enjoy "chatting" with him.
Got to hit the sack.
We'll see you later.

454shooter
12-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Hi Daniel,
When I put up 2 guns on consignment, will use the money to buy a 45 Colt copy.
Don't use the Thompson Contender 44 mag. Shot it maybe twice in 7-8 years.
The M1911A1 45 is unreliable. Would be in a world of hurt if a wild dog/coyote attack.
I do like the 45 auto, though. This one, I'm done with it.
Need something I can use in the field. Don't have to be a new one,either. As long as it's accurate, not prone to break easy,a 45 ACP extra cylinder,I'll be a happy camper.
Would like some opinions for Armi Sports guns.Prices,I like. What about accuracy and reliablity ?
Anyone ??[smilie=f:

d-o-k
12-22-2005, 06:44 AM
Gentlemen I feel your pain! My wife (Tracey) used to let my Gun guy "Baby sit" me whilst she went shopping ! That came to a sudden end ! Then she would let me o to Port Augusta by myself (all roads lead to the Gun guy) ! These days I only have to bring her home something nice or be seen talking to des ,my gun guy & it's a case of what Now ??????? Followed by how much ????? Followed closely by the pillows on the couch if I'm lucky ![smilie=b:

Dave