PDA

View Full Version : Cool!!!!!

Bullshop Junior
11-27-2005, 06:03 AM
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today at the gun show I did what I always do, made better deals than my dad.

I got:
3 boxes of 223 brass made in china and that is reloadable.$1.00
1 set of RCBS 223 dies.$10.00
6 and a half boxes once fired 30/06.$2.00
And a S&W model 916A, pump 12ga shot gun.$100.00

This gun is a little messed up. Someone chopped the barrel and now it is set up for steel. I am going to try to get a kit to fix it up with screw in chokes.

I believe that it is a copy of the mossberg model 500. If you want I can post pictures.

COOL DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
DANIEL/BS JR.
:coffee:
P.S. The test rounds are going to be federal premium 1oz slugs!!!!! ouch!!!

Toney
11-27-2005, 06:29 AM
sounds like you did good. did you see any mausers?

Bullshop Junior
11-27-2005, 06:33 AM
sounds like you did good. did you see any mausers?

Yes. acouple of them!
DANIEL/BS JR.

Toney
11-27-2005, 06:34 AM
what did they want for them?

Bullshop Junior
11-27-2005, 06:40 AM
what did they want for them?

I was not paying that much attention to the military section. I was looking for something that I could trade the H&R leatherneck 22 for, and I like that 12ga. I shoot left hand and the militarry sling studs jab into my ribs and I can not stand for that.
DANIEL/BS JR.

Bullshop Junior
11-28-2005, 03:33 AM
Have been looking at that gun, going through my books and looking at the gun again. The more that I look the more I think that it is a copy of the Mossberg 500. I was in gun parts looking for a synthetic stock so that I could paint it camo, and went to the Mossberg for a 500 stock and it said to go to the S&W section. I went out today and learned that it was not smart to fire that thing hip shooting. Before I know what was going on I had that thing roaring and saw the frame leap from the barrel and go torwards the cardbord box, the pump came back went forward and before I shot that thing again I set it where it belongs on my shoulder. I am getting pretty good with it and am having fun and getting fast. I went out and shot it today at -30°, and shot 12 shells, and did like it, but it is a little light for slugs!
DANIEL/BS JR.
[smilie=w::coffee:

Bullshop Junior
11-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Ok, I went and did it, I shot a slug!!! Well I did not shoot the slug, my dad did, but I went in the house and got what I thought was a 00buck and It was a 1b steel. thought that it kicked less then it was supposed to. probably going to go back out and shoot a slug myself [smilie=w:[smilie=s:[smilie=f:. well I beter get out side and shoot that thing before it gets to dark.
DANIEL/BS JR.

Bullshop Junior
11-29-2005, 12:56 AM
This time I shot it. NO FOOLING!!!! Made me go silly![smilie=p:. No it did not kick that bad but the first time it did, with slugs from that same lot. I got a bullseye too!!!!!

We where in Montana and it was pheasant season and dear season had opened a couple days before and day when we came home from town we got the food and shot gun ammo in the house I went up to dad and said, dad can we go shoot that 12ga shot gun with slugs? well we went out to the range and I chambered that old NEF 12ga with a slug. BOOM. now this time it knocked me silly and on the ground and I stayed silly for the rest of the day. [smilie=b:. The rest of the slugs went in my stash and did not get taken out entail today. them pesky little things [smilie=f:.
DANIEL/BS JR.

Bullshop Junior
12-01-2005, 02:46 AM
I was just at one of the auction sites that I go to, and was looking for the S&W model: 916A and they wanted BIG $$$$ for them!!!!!! I got mine for $100.00 and the people an auction wanted $200.00 or more. and the guns are the same condition as mine!!! I got a GOOD GOOD GOOD DEAL!!!!
DANIEL/BS JR.
[smilie=w::coffee:

Toney
12-01-2005, 04:35 AM
Cool!!! You did good

d-o-k
12-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a bloody good buy Dan ! But for heavens sake watch out using those slugs ! I used one when I was about 12yrs old ! Bent my Brain so much I ended up as a Pro shooter for the next 35 yrs [smilie=w: I owned a Mossie 500 for years & if the S&W is half the gun it was you'll never be sorry !

Dave

Bullshop Junior
12-22-2005, 05:39 AM
Sounds like a bloody good buy Dan ! But for heavens sake watch out using those slugs ! I used one when I was about 12yrs old ! Bent my Brain so much I ended up as a Pro shooter for the next 35 yrs [smilie=w: I owned a Mossie 500 for years & if the S&W is half the gun it was you'll never be sorry !

Dave
D-O-K
I will never need more gun then that S&W! at least I think!!!! The gun houlds 6 shots in the tube, and it is to much gun for blowing away mice!!!
DANIEL/BS JR.

Bullshop Junior
01-08-2006, 03:18 AM
Yesterday I relearned the pleasure of shooting something with a little more kick then the 22 L.R. And I learned that with practice I can shoot that gun as fast as a semi auto.[smilie=w: :coffee::twisted:
DANIEL/BS JR.

d-o-k
01-08-2006, 03:31 AM
I can see your going to have a lot of fun with that Pump Gun ! From memory It was the Old Mod 12 Winchester that the secret was to keep the trigger depressed & just cycle the action ! You did'nt need to keep pulling the trigger !Boy you could let em off in a hurry ! I could with my Mossberg 500 as well ! I used that gun as a back up for pigs ,Camel & Buff (soilds on the 2 latter ) great tools !

Dave