PDA

View Full Version : Mini Mausers

Cap'n Caveman
01-19-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm a newbie to reloaders guide. Just wondered if anyone was currently playing with and/or reloading for one of the old Interarms or the new Remington mini Mausers in 7.62x39.

Thanks in advance,
Cap'n Caveman

versifier
01-19-2009, 03:55 AM
No, but I would love to get my hands on one of the old Interarms minis in .223 with the claw extractor. I almost ordered one of the new Remingtons, but changed my mind when I found out about the bolt redesign. It bothers me when they "fix" something that works just fine.

nambu1
01-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Never seen one, but would want one. I love the old style military guns. I am not a fan of plastic.

Mtman314
02-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Actually I prefer the turkish Mauser out of the ones that I've been shooting. I run the gambit of 125 grain to 220 grain and it seems like the turks handle them the best, just like driving tacks. The german mauser I got won't shoot right until I get above 170 grain. Must be a later in the war model but can't tell since it was a yugo restamp. gotta watch the old stock though so I have a few extra just in case. Lately I got a bit upset at the brass prices for the 8x57 js is 54 cents a round. what I did was to purchase a bunch of military 30-06 brass and cut them down and resize them into 8x57 works good and military brass I get for 4 cents a round.