Thread: M&p c 9

Default M&p c 9

I received a $50.00 gift certificate for Cabela's for my birthday. Today I cashed it in for a S&W M&P C9. I tried the trigger on it, a Glock 43 and Taurus Slim. The Glock trigger pull was long with the Taurus being close to the M&P. The reset on the M&P was quicker so that sealed the deal. I hope to be shooting it in 2 weeks but this getting the house ready to sell is the pits.

Remember that there is a spring loaded plunger thing under the rear sight that when the sight is drifted will fly at least 30' in a random direction. The parts clerk at S&W is quite familiar with this part, now one piece instead of the original two. (My neighbor wanted night sights on his new M&P.) Just thought you should be aware of it BEFORE you join the Ifoundoutthehardway club.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

But I like my Ruger SR9C a lot better after shooting both side by side. It fits my hand like it was made for me so I shoot it much better. Off a rest I couldn't tell the difference on paper between the two, comes down to which one fits you better. We shoot out to 50yds (8" gong) and beyond with them and both are capable. M&P made just as many rested hits at 100yds on the 12" gong too, but not when I shot it offhand. Clearly the shooter and not the pistol as its owner did just the opposite. Inner workings and takedowns are similar, too. Ruger has the edge with the shorter 10rd mag and 17rd with grip extension for different degrees of concealment. I think you'll like it until you change out the rear sight.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775