Thread: Needing imput

GunLoad Trainee

Default Needing imput

I'm needing some imput on a STEEL load i'm wanting to start reloading but can't find the right powder. The load is for a 12 gauge. It calls For these components Remington 3" hulls,38.5 grains of steel powder,fed209A primer,B.P. TPS wad,a 20 gauge undershot fiber wad. The velocity is about 1590. I'd like to change out the powder since i cant get it up here in MT and keep the velocity close to this load as possible. I have all the other components needed for this load.THANKS for any help on this.

I absolutely do not recommend using load data directly from a internet forum as a singular source!

You'll really have to do more research from all the powder companies.
    They have the proper equipment and testing facilities to come up with a load that is safe.

It is possible to blow up a gun and injure yourself by the substitution of a single component in a high pressure shot-shell load.
    ~Clayt

hunter at large

Moved this one to the appropriate spot.....

You can never be too careful, but I do not know enough about loading shotshells to give any pertinent advice. I like to have three sources whenever possible for loading anything else though, and I can't see it would be any different here. Fortunately we do have some shotshell reloaders here, and I expect we'll be hearing some good ideas. I could stand to learn more about it myself. What say?
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775