Thread: Possible new reloaders (2)

Default Possible new reloaders (2)

First thing at the range this morning I met a fellow sighting in his 7mm Mag with a brake. What a noise. He was having problems with getting it sighted in. I let him know that I had a bore sighter with me but he declined. Further discussion brought up the subject of reloading which he does not do. When he left he was thinking about it. He left 20+ once fired cases on the ground. Too many people to pick them up like I did with the 52 once fired 270 cases 2 weeks ago.

As I was finishing up a women with a teen age boy showed up to shoot. She acted like she knew what she was doing. I got to talking to the boy and reloading came up along with casting. The women came over and joined in the conversation. Again the reloading seed was planted and I could see it germinating in both of their minds. They asked about equipment and I gave them some ideas on where to look and what to look for in used presses.

The folks at the range are getting used to me and starting to call me by name. Feels good.

Mike B

GunLoad Trainee

A couple of years ago, I had Mag-na-port put a break on my 7 Rem Mag to make it more comfortable to shoot. The first time I shot it it was 6 inches off to the right @ 100yds. I walked it back in and loved it. I did make it reeeaaal load but the recoil was not bad. I decided not to use it for deer season last year and took my 270 Win.

So as I was planning for this years season in May, I decided I would shoot the 7 Mag with and with the muzzle break. With the break I am still dead on bot if I take it off and put on the thread protector it is 4 inches right @ 100yds. I decided kick the can till next year and use my 30-30 this year.

It great to hear about the woman with the teen boy. I am an RSO at my club and I know of 3 mother that took the sons to the range before the Michigan Youth hunt in September. None of the moms were going on the hunts but wanted there sons to enjoy the sport.