Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranch Dog Bullet Molds

Default Ranch Dog Bullet Molds

I purchased two molds from Rand Dog, the TLC432-300-RF and the TLC460-350-RF.

I cast up a few of the 45-350gr bullets. Sized and Lube them to 459, with my own lube. Loaded them up for my Marlin 1895 45-70 rifle.

When out to my 50 yard range and then fired one to see what I had to adjust on my sights, Then I fired three, kept a 1.7 inch group. If I tuned the load, I think I can get a better grouping.

Great Mold Design, Great Bullet

Jerry

jerry not bad for right out of the gate.
    Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot!
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...

I am not at all surprised at your results. Ranch Dog is a humble, honest, and caring man. He is also one of the very best bullet designers alive today. Although he designs hunting bullets primarily for lever action rifles, his designs shoot very well out of revolvers, Contenders, and bolt actions, too. For the rest of you, buy them when you get a chance to, you won't be disappointed.

Maybe you would like to hear a little story about him. I am disabled and now live on a minimal fixed income. Fortunately, I do have quite a stash of tools and supplies left over from better days and the remnants of a good sized gun collection, but my impulse buying days are over. It was not easy for me to come up with the cash to get in on the GB, but when the C360-180-TL was announced, I got in on it. Lee could not make it to spec in three tries and finally offered me a credit for their products (at full retail). When he found out about it, he made sure I got one of his moulds. He sent me a brand new one from his private stash for free. It will get lots of use in .357mag (2" 5shot 50yd groups with open sights in my 10" Contender) and .35Rem (to be tested this spring). Next I want to get a .30cal for my .30-30's, maybe in the fall.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Ranch Dog is a humble man with very fast customer service. I asked him a question about a specific load today and he is going to shoot this soon to collect the data.
    WORK TO LIVE, LIVE TO HUNT
    SHOOT ONCE, KILL CLEAN, APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

GunLoad Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by versifier View Post
    I am not at all surprised at your results. Ranch Dog is a humble, honest, and caring man. He is also one of the very best bullet designers alive today. Although he designs hunting bullets primarily for lever action rifles, his designs shoot very well out of revolvers, Contenders, and bolt actions, too. For the rest of you, buy them when you get a chance to, you won't be disappointed.
    I"ve heard from several surviving relatives of wild hogs in Texas that he's a "murdering Texas flyboy who shouldn't be allowed outdoors with a 444!"

But then what would you expect a Texas pig to say? Good guy, great sense of humor too.

The Dog Rocks.
    Kurt Hargarten
    Trenton, FL.
    I'm out of my mind, be back in a minute...

GunLoad Trainee

Can someone post his email address. I can not get it to come up on his site. Of just pm me with it

Go to CB and PM him. He posts under "Ranch Dog", you can look him up on the members list.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

ranch dog also spends a lot of time shooting and changing a design, untill it does
    what it is intended to do[ feed through marlin rifles, and kill animals, with as much accuracy
    as possible]
    if he worked in other then the" lee program" not knocking it i just am not set up to
    cast boolits that way and am not about to change my set-up.
    i would buy every one of his moulds and be happy.

I have RD's 44 molds, his 35, and 30. Son in Law has 45. They are all shooters in most any rifle. I tend to use them sized and lubed with Lars White Lable for rifle, but LLA for handgun, but there are exceptions. Well designed, well thought out and highly functional. He is a gentleman and I have corresponded with him frequently, and would like to someday press flesh with him.
    1Shirt!