Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redfield scope

Default Redfield scope

I just bought a Redfield Revolution scope. I am impressed with the clarity of the glass edge to edge. I will be trying it out today. I am wondering if anyone else has tried this scope and your impressions.

I have had a 2-7 Revenge for about a year now. I bought it after seeing and shooting with one a friend bought a year earlier and mounted first on his Bushmaster and then on a customized 10/22 target rifle. While it can't quite match the Leupolds and Nikons that cost twice as much for clarity of image, I have no complaints whatever with it and I think it's a good match for any medium range hunting rifle. We gave both of them the "box test" side by side, 16clicks right, then down, then left, then up @100yds and fired two shots at each corner and both passed with flying colors. Right now I have mine on my 6.5TCU Contender carbine barrel and plan to remount it when I rechamber the barrel to 6.5x54M/S where I'm thinking it will have a permanent home. I found out reading the box that they are made in China and was not very happy about that, but it's a political concern rather than a practical one because they have proven themselves to be good quality scopes and NOT cheap trash like most other Chinese imports.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

I had no problems with the Redfield today. Adjusting for my old poor eyesight took some time and some fiddling with it should have it working fine. Lifetime quarantee is good for me.

Have a Redfield Tracker scope.l. Been pretty good for the last twenty years.
    Last edited by j1; 01-18-2015 at 07:29 PM.

What a loaded question. Clayton comes down those 2 months and he has seen it so hot that the northern boy melted and one year he saw snow flurries 60 miles south of here. Usually it is in the high 30's to 70's. The best time to visit is the end of February and March. Mid April it starts to heat up.

j1 hibernates under 40F...

I haven't used a redfield yet. I was using Leupold until they started pissing me off when adjusting them and switched to Bushnell.
    -----
    NRA Endowment Life Member

The one I had had trouble keeping zero. I used it at Skykids in NH and had to rezero then again at home just days later anf had to rezero again. When hunting season came around in nov it was off again. Switched to a VX3 and no more provlems

Dan
    Did it seem that the turrets were loose? I put mine on a 270 but I do have a couple of hard kickers and perhaps I should try it on them. At this point I am impressed but your experience has me looking for problems. Have fun at the get together.

Mike my honey and I vacationed in San Antonio two years ago. Lovely interesting city. Good Mexican food and the riverwalk is something else. We stayed at the Mengher hotel right across the street from the Alamo and two or three blocks from the riverwalk. Nice little zoo also. Only thing I missed was bar b que. Strictly my own fault though.
    Last edited by j1; 11-09-2014 at 02:31 PM.

J1
    Did you see the ghost of the Menger Hotel. My sister swears that she saw it during the daylight hours.