Thread: Puma 480 Ruger

GunLoad Trainee

Default Puma 480 Ruger

Just bought one of these on Auction Arms - haven't paid for it yet. 20" barrel and comes with a dinosaur knife, box of shells and a soft case. Costs $519, which is probably too much, but what the heck, we don't want to talk about that now.

My question is "Will it kill a Roo?" NO - just kidding for God's sake!

What kind of velocity can I look for out of a 275 grain Hornady bullet? (I can hear DOK saying "FPS - you miserable ^%$#%") There's a bunch of 'em on ebay (bullets - not Roos) and I think I want to load 'em up kinda fast for deer. I'm buying a plain base 400 grain mold over on "Cast Boolits" which I hope to use on bear or elk someday. (Yes Virginia, we have some of both in Arkansas).

(But regretably few Roos).

Where were we? Oh yea, my books are kinda out of date; Anybody got a good starting load for WC820 surp?

P.S. Actually, there may be a few Roos on ebay - never had the Hutzpah to search for 'em.
    Last edited by jim4065; 04-10-2007 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Clarification and Enlightenment

GunLoad Trainee

P.P.S. Holy Cow! At this moment there are 173 Roo listings on ebay.

lovedogs

Never shot a .480 rifle before. Did try one in a Ruger Super Redhawk and loved it. I think it'll kill anything if'n you put one in the right spot. I have a .44 mag rifle and it doesn't kick bad, but I bet you'll wish for a Limbsaver pad shortly on that little Puma.