Thread: Doug & 3/8s

Default Doug & 3/8s

As you will realise by now Doug ,was(is) a very unuseal person ! He employed several Rabbit shooters for the time I was dogging out on the Nullabour & some of them were to say the least ...........Er different ! One who will always stay in my mind (& I've met some real nutters over the years ) Was 3/8s! I was introduced to him as 3/8s & never found out his real name as he was'nt out there all that long (thank God )
    He had turned up at Eucla (just inside Western Australia ) & had looked Doug up ! He told Doug he'd come to work for him as he (3/8s ) was the Greatest Rabbit Shooter in Australia ! His claim to fame was that every Rabbit he shot was hit excatly 3/8s of a inch behind the eye !!!! (I asked Doug about this idiots ability & was assured he shot 70% gut shots ) He claimed at one stage that he other Shooters were stealing his rabbits from his Chiller & proceeded to put a chain round the door with a Padlock (we're talking in the middle of the desert here Folks!)
    He ended up leaving never to be seen again ! We were all down at Eucla & Doug was asked about his star Shooter ? Apparently the end came when Doug had gone out to pick up the Rabbits from 3/8s chiller & found him clearing rocks & bushes along a long streach ! The question was asked of course ......Wot are ya Doing ? The answer (Doug dinned out for months on this one ) ........I'm building ,my "Run way"!!!!!........ Run Way ????????????????????????? Yes for my Ultra Light ! Ultra Light ? Yes I'm bringing a Ultra light up here & I'm fitting it with Spot lights !!!! ....................

Now at this Point you'll be thinking what Doug & the rest of us had visions of ...3/8s AKA the Red Baron ! Doug asks if this is the case & gets asked if his some sort of idiot (From a Man whos building a runway in the middle of the desert ) No of course his not going to try & shoot from the ultra light
    No his going to fly round at night & find concentrations of Rabbits & drop Flour Blombs to mark where his seen them ,then return the following night to where his marked & shoot !!!!!! Needless to say Doug got rid of him !!!!

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

3/8s.... How many beers do you have in a pack down there?

Here we say "a couple of slices short of a meatloaf" or "a couple of cans short of a six pack" to describe that kind of... er... person. In their defense, life would be very boring without them

Quote Originally Posted by kg42 View Post
    3/8s.... How many beers do you have in a pack down there?

Here we say "a couple of slices short of a meatloaf" or "a couple of cans short of a six pack" to describe that kind of... er... person. In their defense, life would be very boring without them

Go on!!! Ya want to say it!! Their MORONS My life would be easier with out em !

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

How did you know I answered so quickly? My computer is a couple of bits short of 32 and doesn't tell me anything!

One sandwich short of a picnic, the elevator don't get to the top floor, nummer than a boot, two points smarter than a rock, the lights are on but nobody's home, his dough ain't rizzen, looser than a sneaker full of sh....(fresh fertilizer), meet Mo and his brother Ron.....
    Life would be boring indeed without the "less than gifted" part of our population, as long as we can stay safely behind them and watch.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775