Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry picture...

GunLoad Trainee

Looks like some goverment folks in Estonia choping up some surplus Tokarevs and Makarovs.

My Grandfather was in the U.S. Army Quartermaster Corp (Lt. Col.) when WWII ended. He told me of taking barge loads of excess Thompsons, M-3s, and all sorts of rifles and pistols into the Gulf of Mexico off Lousiana and pushing them into the Gulf.

The Army had more excess weapons than they could store, so huge quanities were given the deep six.

Huge amounts of equipment was dumped in the Pacific at the end of WWIIl rather than bring it back to the States. They didn't need it, and it would cost a fortune to collect, , transport it back to the states and store it.. it is all about economics. Tanks, aircraft, trucks, field hospitals, artillary etc. etc. over the side.

Looks like the Estonia folks are doing the same thing, but recycling the metal.

This kinds of stuff happens all around the world on a regular basis..no need to stroke out about it.

GunLoad Trainee

That's our tax dollars at work (wherever this took place). I don't know of one political subdivision in this whole wide world that is not clamoring for more money through taxes. Yet, they can literally throw all of this money away (the value of the firearms) to ABSOLUTELY NO PURPOSE!!

1- "It's for the children"...

2- "If only one life is saved"...

3- "Guns are only designed for killing"...

4- You get the idea (and I am preaching to the choir).

Gr-r-r-r-r!
    Dale53

I'm not too upset about some pistols getting shredded on the other side of the Pond. The problem is that it reminds me of all the firearms that were destroyed in Austrailia along with the monsterous laws that allowed such a thing to happen.

A few hundred pistols lost doesn't change anything. But an entire free country being disarmed....This bothers the heck out of me.
    I get so pissed, I can hardly adress the issue.

Al