Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why am i having failures to extract?

Grunt

Have never had any issue with lube on the case--it "should" ease extraction, if anything.
    If you feel lube on the cases, you are over lubing those cases by quite a lot.
    Do you lube due to steel rather than carbide sizing die or just for ease of sizing? For 9x19, all you need is lube at the bottom ½-⅓ of the case.
    Best sizing die I have found for ease is the Hornady New Dimension TiN sizing dies, followed by Redding.

GunLoad Trainee

I have a dillon square deal b. the part that it seems to get stuck on is when it opens the case neck and pours in powder. commbing back down off of the die is where it gets stuck. i should get ahold of dillon.

some of the cases im sure were over lubed. its possible those are the ones that were bad. ill relube some to see. after i find a better lube.

any good way to tumble lube them? i really really really don't want to do them once by one by hand. i really really wont.

Grunt

OK, during expansion, the expander and the case ID are tight and it can be difficult at times to remove.
    This can be alleviated with a very little graphite or fine powdered mica lube in the case mouth, a polished expander, or cases that still have soot in them. Case lube in the case mouth will only ease extraction from the expander die. Since you are expanding and charging the case, a little case lube in the very upper case mouth should only help extraction and not cause any charging problems where the powder gets hung up on the lube.
    You can try a spray lube such as Dillons, Frankford Arsenals, or Lee's (diluted with water) and allowing at least 2 minutes for each to dry thoroughly. Check the smoothness of the expander "ball" first and whether you are leaving any soot in the case to act as a dry lube.