Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&R--NE

Hey that is good news. Kind of thought it should work. They unfortunately don't sell barrels without your receiver. Try Viola! I flunked French but we get French on the other side of the cereal box. LOL

Stay Safe
    Bob

If you are reading this, thank a teacher; if you are reading this in English thank a veteran.

lovedogs

Boy, I keep hearing so many varied opinions on these. Some hate them and some love them. Metallurgy is different on old vs. new and also on receivers built for modest vs. intense cartridges, or so I'm told. If used within their capabilities and at the right pressure levels I don't think they have a problem. As far as triggers, some are poor and some are great. A trigger job is easy on them. If you want a web site to show you how, let me know and I'll send it to you. I know about a half dozen people who shoot Handi-Rifles, Buffalo Classics, and the Target Model competitively and really like them. Of course, this is all with cast lead and low vel. target loads. One of the older ones, a Shikari, is REAL old and has a kajillion rds. through it and still doing fine. All of us here really like them. Maybe we're just lucky, huh? The latest ones bought were Classics & Target models. Their quality is right up there. Good bbls. and triggers, too. I wouldn't trade my .45-70 for a Sharps! It shoots groups right at 6 inches at our farthest target, 876 yds., with Saeco 500 gr. 1881 lead... that's with Shaver sights, not a scope. Show me another .45-70 in any brand that'll outdo that and I'll fight you for it! Far as I'm concerned they're economical but not cheap.

GunLoad Trainee

I bought a 223 NEF about 6 years ago. I do handload this cartridge and use it for coyote hunting. I have never had a problem with my NEF and it is deadly accurate.