Thread: caribou

Default caribou

It has been cold for the last 2 weeks (in between 20 and 40 below) and the river should be frozen. Today we went and got a load of firewood for the 2 weeks that we will be down there. I am going to try to take my swiss and my 223. I am not sure about the swiss, but I sure hope to take my 223. If I do not use the swiss, I will probably use dads 257 roberts. We are going to try to leave this week.
    I will tell you if we get any thing when we go, but for now I am still here.
    DANIEL/BS JR.

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Sounds like it'll be great ! Too Cold for this Old Jackie though ! I think the .257 might just be the ticket ! Their a damned fine stopper !

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

The last two boo I took was about 15 mile out of Port Hyden, back in the 70's. Love boo sausage. Took them with 375H&H as I was hunting bear. 223 should be fine and so would the Swiss. Good luck youngin!
    1Shirt!

GunLoad Trainee

We had some bou on the river last week, season is open till end of April, cross the river. We pretty much hunt off the skandics too. Team slings and Ar's. We usually get the 40 mile migration and sometimes the porcupine herd is within a snowmachine ride. I can still ride on all the dirt roads, packed snow. Sure is nice above zero just the same. We're 4 miles from Canada upper yukon.