Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn it's Quiet

Default d-o-k

Hi - Well Bullshop Junior is freezing his butt off North of me we got snow, over a foot, then rain for 48 hours! Seems to have tapered off a bit with just a skiff of snow last night. More snow in the forecast then rain!

That casting set up has turned into everything I thought it would be. Regardless of what pot you use as your main pot, having the 2nd pot above the first really speeds up the casting process. I usually start with both pots full and melted. I accumulate sprue etc from casting and when the RCBS is down about half I empty the Lee into it, add all my sprue into the Lee and continue to cast adding sprue to the upper pot as I go. I should mention I add a lb or two of fresh ingots into the top pot as well. I flux of course the upper pot just before emptying it and flux the bottom pot every other fill up.

If you have a 20lb main pot and can find a used 10# pot this kind of set up sure works.

Well Dave sorry to hear about the drought conditions especially given you are going into your summer down there. We are expecting a wet warm winter given it is supposed to be an El Nino year.

Take Care

Bob

Well I wandered over here from the cast bullets forum. I have been reloading for better then 8 years now but got into casting the first of last month. I enjoy casting as much as reloading and now can afford to shoot about like I want to.
    From my cold dead hands.
    If it ain't a Colt it is a copy.