Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news !!!!!

Default Good news !!!!!

I got a phone call from the Hospital this morning ! After having to do another Operation yesterday My Wife is awake today (after over a week in the induced coma ) & hopefully will make a speedier recovery ! (I'm really getting sick of my own cooking & the kids have gone on a hunger strike rather than eat it ! )

My warmest thanks to the mail I have recived ! I will be passing on your prayers & good wishes to Tracey

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Please tell Tracey we are all pulling for her to get well soon and we will keep her in our prayers till she's home. Good luck with the kids. Mind were wanting to string me up over my cooking one time when my Lady was in the hospital. Take care Dave. Baldy
    " Free Men" do not ask permission to bear arms.

ok

Default Tracy

Dave very sorry to hear of your little lady. Sincerely hope all goes well and the cooking can resort to normal.One's little lady is one heck of a person.
    graham

Excellent news Dave. As far as the kids go, it is just the kind of situation where they can be motivated to learn to do some cooking for themselves. My mother died when I was a teen and we learned to cook in self defense! Dad does pretty good now, but back then it was horrible! All four of us can cook fairly well, two of us have worked as professional chefs. My own are all very into cooking, the youngest is learning breakfasts. Here's an appropriate little jem from the Maine woods to lighten the mood at the supper table. It might even be true:

Moose Turd Pie

Nobody wanted to cook at the logging camp as all the lumberjacks were only paid for the trees they felled or hauled, and the cook had to miss half of the day's work to do the meals for everyone. So, it became the custom to "promote" anyone who complained about the cooking to the job. As no one else had explained the situation to him, Peirre, the new guy, had started complaining at the first dinner and so was immediately elected cook by the whole crew. He wasn't much of a cook, but since he had to eat, too, he did try to do his best and, of course, no one had any complaints.

Pierre, you know, he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, so it took him a few weeks to come up with a plan he figured couldn't fail. He was making pot pies with beef and venison for the crew and hadn't made up quite enough filling, so he had one empty shell. That's when the inspiration struck. He took a short walk outside of the cook shack and looked until he found a fresh pile of moose turds. He covered them with gravy, sealed up the pie, and put them all in to bake.

He put the pies out on the table for dinner, making sure he was sitting at the other end of the table from the moose turd pie, and he waited. Everyone dug into their pies. It took a few minutes, but sure enough, all of a sudden Sven yelled out:

"What the ****!!?! This is a goddam moose turd pie!" There was sudden silence at the table, and realizing that he had almost blown it, Sven did some quick thinking.
    "But hey, you know, it's the best moose turd pie I ever ate!"
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

I like it ! I must admit the Kds all take turns at cooking & doing the chores around the place ! The make a joke in reguards to my cooking as I once told them that some of the Cooks I've met over the years were probarly better suited to being Dog Baiters !

Dave

Great news Dave. Wishing you and your whole family all the best.
    Get them kids eaten again.
    Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot!
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...

GunLoad Trainee

Default d-o-k

first I hope and pray that your wife has a speedy recovery and your faimly will be in my pryers as for the kids eating get the bbq grill out haven't met a kid that did not like hot dogs or hamburgers on the grill my best wishes to you and yours 44Woody

Dave, that's very good news indeed.
    About the "catering" thing, now might be a good time to teach the kids how to feed on the wild, like "you did" when you were their age... remember ?

kg

Quote Originally Posted by kg42
    Dave, that's very good news indeed.
    About the "catering" thing, now might be a good time to teach the kids how to feed on the wild, like "you did" when you were their age... remember ?

kg
    What do you mean "did?" When I'm out bush my supply of meat still comes from what ever I'm shooting The kids I must admit are fasinatd on what you can eat out in the Bush (including snake & wigiddy grubs ,to say nothing of Wild peach pie ! )
    I've already taught them .....If you can't eat it ,If it dosen't threatern live stock or crops& most importantly if you can't make a Dollar out of it don't waste a bullet ! (anybody got a good recipe for tin cans & old bottles ??????? )

Dave

Good for them Dave, 'cause you missed the point you honest and straightforward man; I was thinking along the lines of:

"Kids, Law of the West (or South if I remember where you are) say that at you age, a boy needs to spend one week alone in the wild to prove he is a Man; so stop complaining about the food and get your backpacks ready!"

Lies and deception weren't made only for women....

kg
    Last edited by kg42; 08-11-2006 at 08:19 PM.