Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beaver control

DOK there are as many Beavers in Canada now as there were when Columbus arrived., probably more. Less and less trap them now for any kind of living. Man it is hard work. I've helped my father in law a few times and if you ever read where somebody has carried three buck beavers out you know they are talking tall. Those suckers are heavy.

Take Care

Bob

Here in Texas we can use a spotlight at night , except for deer, etc. and I find this to be the best way to get Mr. Beaver or varmits, really great for rabbits. It's best to let the game warden know where you are hunting so he doesn't have to cross two counties to check out a report of spotlighting, puts him in a bad humor. Dale

GunLoad Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    DOK there are as many Beavers in Canada now as there were when Columbus arrived., probably more. Less and less trap them now for any kind of living. Man it is hard work. I've helped my father in law a few times and if you ever read where somebody has carried three buck beavers out you know they are talking tall. Those suckers are heavy.

Take Care

Bob
    I trapped beaver in N. Alberta in the 60's. It was more provident to skin them where they were caught and carry the hides out.

Judging from the number of ancient beaver dams here beaver numbers had to be astronomical 400 years ago.

Are you IDPA Bob?