Thread: d-o-k, I just got a good laugh...

Default d-o-k, I just got a good laugh...

watching a commercial from Australia.com on the web; it says (and shows) that the roos are all over the greens and asks where the hell I am..... Is this a misunderstanding ?

Our Beloved Department of Tourisum ! It would seem have been doing "Acid" again!!!! We have many Golf courses that have Roos feeding on them & this seems to fasinate the Idiots who think of these slogans! Like Paul Hogan's throw another Shrimp on the Barbee ! (Over here we call em Prawns! & the expression was modified to Shrimp for the overseas market ) THese people seem to think Promoting Australia as being a country of Bronzed ANZAC's who have Roos jumping down the main Streets of Sydney ! In rality the average Aussie has only ever seen a Roo in a Resterunt ,or in a ZOO ! Most of our population lives on the Coast round the country with the interea being very open& un populated ! The trick is I feel when touring Auz is to avoid the popular tourist traps & tour by your self & there by see the real Australia .

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin