Thread: New Rifle

Default New Rifle

Well I finally took the plunge. Out here we shoot a great deal of 223. Most of our varmint hunting is done with them. Seems between Prairie Dogs, Coyotes and Bobcat we can pretty much Hunt them year round. All of our neighboring ranches love to have us come by and rid them of some of those pests.

I have been carrying a Rem. 700 LVSF as a walk around rifle for quite a few years. It shoots really well and I plan on keeping it in the arsenal for many more years to come. However, a year ago I started eying a Cooper. I wanted a walk around, lightweight model with a magazine. Cooper makes a lot of single shot rifles, like the Model 21.

I found a Model 51 classic which is just what I have been looking for. The war department gave me the go ahead so I ordered it. The Rifle finally arrived and I toped it with a Leupold 3.5 to 10 VXIII.

I loaded a bunch of test loads so it is off to the range to see if it shoots as well as advertised. We shall see. Mark

Sounds like a nice rifle. You do realize that photos ate NOT optional, right?

Uh,...ok but I have no computer ability whatsoever. Doc on the old boards always looked after that stuff for me. Where re instructions on how to post pictures?

Name:  1006206_10200487505807049_572112970_n.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  51.8 KB

When you are typing your thread there is an icon at the top as you are typing. It looks like a window with a little tree. and click. you then add from computer and upload it. There Is tab for that after you click the little tree picture. click the select files and find the pic on your computer or tablet.

No Pictures?
    Name:  smiley_worthless_pics.gif
Views: 137
Size:  11.8 KB

Just click the little picture frame at the top and select your picture.

Come on Mark, don't tease us like that, post a picture will ya

Nice rifle but I spit you not.The cheapo savage 223 axis if its a good one like my buddy bought will keep 5 shots back to back in a 2" dot at 300 all day long.I almost bought one but my CZ works great,other than that damn clip that digs into my back when in the woods.Im not much on black stocks and love pretty rifles in wood but accuracy is accuracy.Hope that cooper turns out good and the barrel is smooth as a babies butt.

You gonna push moly coated threw it right off the get go after cleaning it good? Just me but think I would