Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let it SNOW, please!

Default Let it SNOW, please!

This weekend I'm helping with the radio communications for the Sandwich NH Sled Dog Races and it looks like there should be plenty of snow!
    I need you southern boys to push that storm system NORTH as extra insurance!

I figured when Skykid moved from NH to SC we'd get little snow this year but it's turning out to be a good snowmobiling year.

The forecast calls for 6-12" tomorrow into Friday morning. That will freshen up the race course for Saturday!
    ~Clayt

hunter at large

Beautiful Downtown South Carolina Where the Frenchies all hang out

Hey Clayt
    The whole state of South Carolina is shutting down even before the snow hits
    I went to work this am at 5:30 and the place was locked up tight
    The road are dry and they are calling for 2 to 7 inches of snow
    and maybe some icing
    It's funny how different it is here compared to NH
    Yesterday at work I thought the place was filled with a bunch of little kids at school waiting to be sent home because it was snowing out and sticking to the ground but melting on the roads
    Guess I'll have to learn all them southern boys how to drive in the snow
    Camper at RLB Fest 2006,2007,2008,2009,2010 and 2012
    Hosted 2011 in New Hampsha ya I did
    Proud owner of a 264RLB #4

We have had about a foot of the white stuff in the last 10 days. It is now going to be 65 this weekend and turn everything into slush and mud.
    Its going to feel like spring.

This weather sucks. Some of the forecasts put us in the bulleye areas for the storm. Forecasts from 6-10, 6-12, 8-12, 8-14, 12-18. blah... 2 days of plowing hell again.

I know is sucks swamp water for some and I have to clean it up too, but not 2 days worth. Maybe 3 hours, then I get to play on it.
    ~Clayt

hunter at large

Its pouring it here and got about 5 inches now in under 4 hours.I love it and see a snow day off from work tomorrow.This year has been nuts and will be 42 to 50 starting Friday.I bet Sky and Doc has seen some idoits at their best.I know SkyKid is used to it but them people down south hardly knows what snow or ice is other than a snow cone or freezy pop.Not picking on you DOC but yall know what I mean.I have a 4x4 with good tires but respect the snow,black ice a lot.Never busted my butt yet and drive slow along with staying 100 yards off of the person in front of me.Had a woman riding my Azz coming home today and would have loved to stopped and smacked her right in the head or jerked the plug wires off of her car.I truly hate that with a passion wether man,woman or youngsters.HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE

MANY years ago I ventured out on the ice very carefully. I ended up losing control in a turn and flattened a stop sign. I haven't driven on the ice since. I bought a used Suzuki Samuri a number of years ago and kept it way past its prime just so I'd have a nimble 4WD to use in the snow, but that was during the warm years and I never got the chance to try it out on snow and ice.

Believe it or not, we got snow enough to cover all the streets and highways thoroughly about every couple of years in El Paso when I was young. One of my favorite things to do when that happened was to pick up a buddy and a twelve pack or two and cruise all over El Paso County going sideways. I've driven thousands of miles on ice and snow and I can't say I never spun, but I never damaged a vehicle on ice or snow---or rain for that matter. I've definitely had some interesting moments, though.

When I lived in Idaho, where folks ought to know better, I'd see 4 wheel drive pickups going 70 down the interstate on packed snow and ice. Those folks ought to have known better, but I suppose there are knotheads wherever you go!
    Still an ogre in need of hormone therapy, living under a bridge somewhere in Texas.

Beautiful Downtown South Carolina Where the Frenchies all hang out

I went to work this morning at 5:30am
    Place was closed
    They didn't post the delayed opening until after I left
    I just check the website and they are opening at 9:30am
    They claimed they posted it at 4:40am that was bullspit
    It wasn't there are 4:55am
    I left at 5:00am so I left them a bunch of doughnut in the parking lot
    Maybe I'll call in today and tomorrow I have a doctor appointment so I think I'll have a 3 day weekend kinda sorta
    Last edited by SkyKid; 02-13-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Camper at RLB Fest 2006,2007,2008,2009,2010 and 2012
    Hosted 2011 in New Hampsha ya I did
    Proud owner of a 264RLB #4

We got almost 20 inches and its 53 here now.My driveway is a mess and for the life of me have no idea why the neighbor scraped half my stone off.He will fix it but all he needed to do was knock it down to about a few inches and the sun would have done the rest.Guess id better go retrieve my four wheeler.Its stuck on the mountain after my,got to go riding Thursday night.Had a long walk home but had fun.