Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Honey ? how would you feel about having .......

Roo Meat is exported through out the world these days ,mainly to Russia at the moment ,I've heard several people in the US say they've seen & tried it . Its a very Lean meat & low in cholesterol .The trick is not to over cook it ! As for me I was brought up on the stuff as my Father was a shooter before me ! The long standing joke in our house (As my Step kids were brought up in the city ) Is they have a choice .....Broccoli or Roo meat ? they always ask for more Broccoli !!!!! On the sugject of Roo Dogs ! Their bloody hard to find a good one as they do bring a roo down ! Thing is a Roo will head for a dam if there's one around & wait for a foolish dog to swim in after it! The Roo will then roll back on its tail & use it's rear legs to hold the dog down & drown it ! Or in open country the Roo rolls back on its tail grabs the dog with its fore paws & uses the large claw onits hind legs to dis embowel the dog! This is how Buck Roos fight in the wild & has led to the mith of Boxing Kangaroos ! They hold their head back & balance on their tail whilst grabing with their fore paws to bring their hind legs into play ! It used to be a popular side show act ! I've often wondered if the people involved realised what a dangerous act they were preforming !
    Roos do not attack people with the exception of a woman in her menstral cycle . but they are capible of protecting themselves !

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Hey Dave good to see you back...in one piece as well. Haven't seen any Roo meat in Canada. Might be some in the Gourmet Stores but I can't imagine the Tree Huggers buying Joey meat. Here on the West Coast, we live in lotus land with the flower children. Thankfully most are down on Vancouver Island pndering the meaning of life and watching the Stars go across the sky.

Been out with my M14 with good results with cast boolits so far. Still playing with my Longbranch as well. Just waiting on a set of screw type rear sights and I should be good to go. Finally got a "Long" buttstock so the gun fits me better.

We just had a winter of record rainfall/snow so it is going to be interesting this spring if it gets real warm real fast. Mountains have a ton of moisture sitting up there and it only has one place to go.

Take Care and we will look for you on Gunloads or Cast Boolit Chat.

Bob
    Virtus Junxit, Mors Non Separabit

GunLoad Trainee

Jim 4065,
    Wife and I were in a specialty shop in Columbus, Oh about six months ago and they had Kangaroo meat in a can. Was way too expensive for my blood. $8.00 for a 4oz.er. Hell even Micky D's doesn't charge that much for one......(That was a rumor floating about a few years back... didn't believe it myself)

GunLoad Trainee

$2 per oz does sound a little steep - specially when the Australian government thought it was unfit for human consumption a few years back (I presume).

Then again - who was the first guy who bit into a raw oyster? Steel balls, as they say on a TV show down there.

has anybody caught a nutria if so message me i need to know just message me