Thread: Got to go hunting again today.

Cool Got to go hunting again today.

GOT ONE!!! We went down today to see what we could see. When we stopped for gas on the way, I remembered that we had not called the game warden to see if it was still cow and bull, or just bull. When we stopped for gas i ran in and called mom, who called the warden, and then I called back in a couple of minutes. She could not get the info until 8:00, and it was 7:30. So I had her call the troopers. I called her back. Not until 8:00. It was now 7:45, so dad bought himself some coffee, and I had to sit staring at him until he was done. I called mom back and it was both, but the caribou had moved out from where he wad to hunt. We went down anyhow, and when we got there, we glassed acrossed the river, to see what we could see. As dad sat it the truck glassing I looked up the all most vertical hill to the left. There they were, half way up grazing. We got out, and started up. It was only steep for about 40 yards, and then we started stalking. We got up there, and there was a nice big bull, that still had horns!!! We walked up a little futher, so that I could get a good rest on a snow drift. There was just a little window, and through it I could see two cows, and the horns of the bull, as he looked for food. I waited for the cow in the back to move, and BOOM!! She ran, and I thought that missed. So me and dad went over to the other side of the bush. The herd was making good time, but about 50 feet from the place that I shot her from, there she was piled up on top of a alder bush. I pulled up the gun right when I pulled the trigger, and instead of in the lungs I shot off her jugler vane. It is the only big game that I have ever used the, One Shot One Kill methed, and it is the shortest that I have ever seen a animal run, except for the one dad broke the neck on. On the way out of the hills, pull the caribou and take a short break. By the time that we got back to the the place that it went almost straight down, we just got behind the caribou and pushed, and it went down the hill, and ended up in the middle of the road. On the way home, I had dad stop at the post office, and got a packqge of bullets from krag35, and then went to the store, to see if there was any thing on sale. The whole on sale bin was fill of cookies and twinkies and suzy-Q's.
    Well there you go, the whole thing. Except for the part that we ate the whole box of suzy Q's before we got home!
    DANIEL/BS JR

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Cool!!! what rifle did you use? your new swiss?
    Toney Relic Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Toney
    Cool!!! what rifle did you use? your new swiss?
    I wanted to, but did not have a good load worked up. I used my dads Mouser 35 Wellen IMP.
    DANIEL/BS JR.

Good job! Nothing like a full freezer!
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Good job there Dan ! One shot & Meat in the Freezer ! That's what I like to see & hear

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Ya there is nothing like a caribou that falls like a rabbit hit by a 223 !!
    DANIEL/BS JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior
    Ya there is nothing like a caribou that falls like a rabbit hit by a 223 !!
    DANIEL/BS JR.
    This is Known as true "Job" satisfaction there is no other feeling like it ! Even after all these years of shooting for a living ,I never have lost that Feeling! For me it's money in the Bank ! I think it will be the thing I miss most about fully retiring from the Pro hunting industry ! But at least I'll still be shooting for Pleasure instead of work!

Dave

Except for the part that we ate the whole box of suzy Q's before we got home!

Dan I almost forgot ..............................You & your Dad are a pair of gutses !!!!! I hope you disposed of the Evidesnse (wrappers ect) before you got home ! Tracey goes through my car like the bloody customs when I get home from going anywhere & heaven help me if I've had something & not brought her something If I've got Evin with me I'm sunk as even though I swear him to secrecy & we both have something on the sly ,he can't wait to" Dob" me into his mother when we get home !!!!!! This takes the heat off him & I get the roasting !

Dave