Thread: 30 herrett

GunLoad Trainee

Default 30 herrett

Looking at buying Steve Herrett 1-500 in the box as they left the factory. He wants 750.00 any thoughts.

at that price you're looking at a collector piece ....umm if that's what you want , well umm you planning on shooting it ? if so buy a standard barrel somewhere else ( for $5-$600 less ) and put it on your own frame

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?topic=124344.0

as for actual value ... who can say ? collectors have their own way of deciding what it's worth to them [shrugz]

I know there is a T/C collectors association with a regularly published newsletter. They could give you a better idea of the potential collecter's value, if in fact it has any. It shouldn't be too hard to track them down. Whatever it's worth would be a lot less once it's been fired.

If you are just interested in a shooter, I have a 14" .30Herrett Contender barrel for sale with Williams front and rear sights and a big bag of formed brass. PM me if you want details.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

GunLoad Trainee

Yes I plan on shooting this. Not shoooting a gun just seems wrong. I,ts like owning a muscle car and not driving it the way it was meant to be.

i've bought barrels that were collectable barrels just to shoot , however i cant help but wonder how many out of a even more limited edition ( 1-500) remain new and unshot ? here's one that lost about $350 in value ( from the price you posted ) just from being owned ( never mind being shot or not as it doesnt say but it leads me to believe that it was )
    http://www.gunauction.com/search/dis...temnum=8691682
    here's one for $900 unfired ( price difference of $500 just for being shot )
    http://www.firearmseller.com/Gallery...%20/index.html
    as you'll note vers and i both mentioned "collector " and "collector value", that collectible barrel i shot ? they made a few thousand [shrugz] and used is still worth what i paid but far less than a collector would give me , had i paid collector value i doubt that i'd of shot it , it is however your money and you're free to spend/use it as you see fit , while shooting it wouldnt be as bad as painting over the mona lisa per say by doing so you'll assure that one of the fewer remaining unshot 1 of 500's will be worth even more , having said all that - i love my herrets !!!! one was my introduction to wildcats , many are notorious for having very long throats , my two remaining ones have short throats as i sold/traded all the longer throated ones away

versifier , question , how long a throat dos yours have ? if daniel isnt interested i may be but i couldnt commit for at least a month or more ( after hunting season as my scheduled vacation is without pay lolz )

I'll have to check it out when I get a chance this weekend. I will see how far out I can seat a 311291 (or if you prefer, a 150GK) and post the OAL. The other bullets I was testing were custom moulds except soupcans, but they aren't long enough to tell as I didn't seat them all the way out. I've never shot a jacketed bullet in it so my loading notes aren't much help to you.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775