Thread: New From Florida

Default New From Florida

Been reloading for handguns a while, and am interested in reloading for Hi Point 9mm carbines.

I be searching the forums for any suggestions

Welcome Aboard Gunner, all need do is ask & someone will tell you something............

Gunner welcome to the site.

Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot!
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...

GunLoad Trainee

My hipoint(c9 handgun) 9 shoots the same as as my buddys carbine just don't max them out

I have two friends, one with the carbine and one with the pistol in .45ACP. They aren't exactly pretty, but they do seem to function very well, no misfeeds or ftf's, probably 300rds through the pistol, 2000+ through the carbine. Tried a selection of various factory rounds with different bullets shapes and weights in the carbine, including SWC's, and it happily digested everything without a hiccup.

At 75yds, (and yes I shoot my handguns at that range whenever I can) the carbine shoots about the same as my Glock 21, (each and every round on the paper) in a little tighter group. It was designed for home defense and it will do that very well, but I'm not selling the pump shotgun. I didn't see the pistol shoot beyond 25yds, but most everything stayed on the paper with it at that range - all shots would have been in the kzone on a torso target.

Pistol and carbine both use the same mags, wish they were of larger capacity. Pistol is too large and bulky for effective concealed carry except in winter, but its size makes it very pleasant to shoot on the range. Sights are primitive, and accuracy is not as good as I would like, but neither was designed as a match weapon and both are certainly capable of MOa (minute of a$$hole) at reasonable ranges. Both owners are satisfied with what they got. Happily for me, they both do acceptably well with the practice loads I use for my Glock so I don't have to mess with my setup to load especially for either of them.

No idea what the 9mm's or .40's will like to shoot, we just tried a little bit of whatever we had on hand to see what would feed and what wouldn't. We couldn't find anything that didn't feed and fire including a bunch of SWC's that often give other .45 pistols feeding issues. Some loads obviously are more accurate than others, but finding what yours will like is simply trial and error.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Wise

Probably what I would do is shoot whatever 9MM load your handgun likes and be done with it. That keeps the possibility of mixing up loads meant for the carbine getting into the handgun. Besides, the velocity from the carbine with the handgun ammo will/should be higher. Odds are the loads will shoot just fine.
    Paul B.
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS AN OXYMORON PROMULGATED BY MORONS.

Gotta learn to check dates before replying.
    Last edited by j1; 04-08-2014 at 04:43 PM.