Thread: cat fish

Default cat fish

another bad pic a 77 lb flathead cat i got in pawnee lake a little city lake
    Toney Relic Hunter

Here are some of my fishing pictures.

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/sho...r=1866&cat=500

Salmon, Steelhead, and Sturgeon. I fish way more than I hunt anymore. Used to catch some pretty big cats (not as big as yours tho Toney) In Stockton Res. and in the Pom De Tar (sp?) river in SW MO. Now the only warmwater fish I fish for are Crappie (for Sturgeon bait) and Small Mouth.

krag35
    A wife and a steady job, have ruined many a good fisherman

Nice fish Krag look like a lot of fun trips!!!

Up untill i started bass fishing i was after that 100lb fish usednothing but big redbelly perch on hooks up to 9's caught buddy on a 2 eagle claw hook in the wisker just knew it was going to be another fish story after a couple of good tugs i was'nt sure whatwas on the line,was just in a little 11' flat bottom boat, it did'nt even have a drain plug,the sides were only a foot hight. was far from land with no moon. when that thing tuged it pulled the boat pretty good, every time i pulled it up it swam down stripping swivel stops down the line. was an old eagle claw trot line. when i finally got it up it had 8 hooks in its face! hooks were two
    feet apart.a really neat fight pulling a monster in on a string. finally got it's head in my little bassnet afraid to lip it, got my arm arount it's belley and pulled it in
    Toney Relic Hunter

I have done some jug fishing, but never run a trot line. Use 9\0 for Sturgeon when we are after "oversize" (The slot limit is 42"-60" over or under that have to throw them back) fishing. Bait for those big Boys is usually a whole Shad 2-4#. biggest Sturgeon so far for me is 13' Was in the boat by myself, and that must have looked like a Keystone Cop episode for a bit. Took me and hour and forty minutes to land him and we covered almost a mile of river. Didn't have the camera with me that day. Gear was a Berkly E-glass rod rated 20-80# Daiwa 50hd reel and 50# braided line. I'm going back after them this Saturday, I'll post some pics if I do any good.
    krag35
    A wife and a steady job, have ruined many a good fisherman

Good luck!!!
    Toney Relic Hunter

I hate youse all The only thing I ever catch is a cold when I try fishin !!!!
    Great catch though & good luck to you!

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

I've only been into guns and reloading around 5 years, was always a fisherman!!! we always had 22's and shotguns around and did a lot of plinking. did a little squirell hunting and a lot of turtle and snake shooting.

I love the water, love to swim. the only thing missing hunting in the woods is the smell of water. My biggest problem with bass fishing for years was i never took the boat to the lake untill it was time to start water sking

Glad to have you back Dave hope you had a good trip
    Toney Relic Hunter

It's funny, I'm just the opposite. I like boats and swimming, but get bored to death fishing. (I can sit motionless for hours in the woods, go figure.) I love spearfishing! We went after big brown trout and fast brookies in the river with hand spears as kids, and when I lived on Oahu I learned to use a speargun and loved it. It's really just hunting where you get a little wetter than usual and the water's nice and warm. I'm on the "chum crew" when the ocean gets rough, and that's not a problem a few feet down where it's always calm.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

I bass fish like most guys play golf, i,m aimming at a hole every cast, flip or pitch and most of the time i get it in. and every once and a while something in that hole wants your pole hang on!!
    Toney Relic Hunter