Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cost of 22LR Shells

A good hunter should be able to shoot either way left or right. I'm a lefty to swapped my left handed savage off this summer, keep reaching across it for the bolt handle
    Toney Relic Hunter

krag35,
    I shoot hand guns right handed most of the time. I am trying to learn to shoot left handed, because I carry my shot gun on a sling on my right arm, and am good at swinging fast to my right arm. I can shoot a shot gun right or left, but always shoot left at game.
    DANIEL/BS JR.

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Quote Originally Posted by krag35
    My son Dale is right handed, but left eye dominate, so I taught him to shoot left handed with a rifle and shotgun. He shoots a pistol right handed, but with it over in front of his left eye, looks funny, but the guy can shoot. I bought Him a 10/22 carbine for his 6th Christmas (his sister got a Rossi pump for her 5th, darn thing only extracts about 1/4 of the time) He is 13 now, and out shoots me with my Redhawk, but dad can bust more clay birds.
    krag35
    Krag35,
    When I first got my marlin, it was used. I got it for a good price as new condition. I was using it often, and was getting mad, because I had to use it as a straight pull bolt action. I brought the gun in the house took it apart, and then got a lot of the liquid grease out and put in some powdered moly. I can now use the slow CCI standard velocity, and back then i could not shoot the high-velocity bulk stuff that you can get for 10 bucks. I still have a little bit of grease in it that needs out, but it works A LOT better and is now a dependable for shooting at running rabbits rapid fire. I believe that it will be the same with the 10/22.
    DANIEL/BS JR.

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

I've had several auto loaders, and never put oil or grease in any of them, except my Garand. Powdered graphite, was all I used. In my bottom feeding pistols, I use light oil, but they are usually never treated to really cold weather, and if they are, they are next to me inside a coat or the like. Never thought of using powdered Moly tho. I can shoot a rifle left handed, but it's a deliberate act, nothing fast about it. I tried shooting a shotgun left handed, but it was a lot like putting my socks on over my shoes

krag35
    A wife and a steady job, have ruined many a good fisherman

Last brick I bought cost $25 plus tax at Gander Mountain about a month ago. A little more warmth and the ol 10 22 comes out to play.

I responded to this post then read the date on it. WOWSER no wonder the ammo was so cheap. It was ancient. The lead must have been oxidized and the brass corroded. I just learned something. Check the date first.
    Last edited by j1; 03-26-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krag35 View Post
    My son Dale is right handed, but left eye dominate, so I taught him to shoot left handed with a rifle and shotgun. He shoots a pistol right handed, but with it over in front of his left eye, looks funny, but the guy can shoot. I bought Him a 10/22 carbine for his 6th Christmas (his sister got a Rossi pump for her 5th, darn thing only extracts about 1/4 of the time) He is 13 now, and out shoots me with my Redhawk, but dad can bust more clay birds.
    krag35
    I also have a Rossi pump that will not extract Winchester bulk at all but by using a higher quality round it is flawless. Take a look at the extractor. I believe that is the problem.

Went to Gander Mountain and they had 22 L R for $27 per 300 round brick. A little too rich for my blood so I left them. The clerk seemed surprised so I guess that some people are buying at any price. The fellow next to me bought one brick come to think of it.

GunLoad Trainee

The days of 2 cent 22LR are over! I did buy some cans of Federal at $20 for 325. They say thier Nitrogen packed, Weatherproof and Waterproof.

Mongchi that would be a buck for a little 50 round box or ten bucks a brick. Those days are long gone. I am stopping at Gander Mountain soon just to check. Brick for 25 plus tax sounds really good about now. Hey my 10-22 has to eat too.

My FIL and I bought Winchester wildcats for 9 or 10 a brick back in the 90's. I'm still shooting it. It's nothing like much of the current bulk ammo, it's pretty decent stuff. No ftf's or underpowered rounds and it's fairly accurate. I wish I'd bought another 10 cases back then...

BB