Thread: New guy from Central PA

GunLoad Trainee

Default New guy from Central PA

Just a quick howdy. HOWDY!

New to this forum, not to forums. I do roll my own on a Dillon RL550, Dillion SDB, Lyman Crusher and soon a vintage Lyman Tru-Line Jr (after refurbishing it). I have another Tru-Line that I am going to refurbish to put on display in my shop with other vintage reloading tools to show people the progression of reloading over the years.

I reside in Lemont, PA (just outside State College [Penn State], and run a small (one man), part time, gun repair business. I did 26 years in the USAF and retired as an E-8. Shot competitively while in the AF (medals for both rifle and handgun) and shot PPC with a local group while in DE. Had to get a progressive as we shot 700-1000 rounds per week in practice and comp was another 320 rounds. Favorite load for the .38 was a 148 gr HBWC over 2.7 grs of Red Dot with a Federal small pistol primer. Later I changed to 2.7 grs of Solo 1000 and it burned a lot cleaner and still gaive me right around 700 fps with excellent accuracy.

Well, that's enough for now, you'll see me around every now and then. I've been reloading since 1973 (started with a Lee Loader in .357 Mag) but you're never too old to learn new things from other people. Hopefully I can help when needed and you all can help me when I need it.
    Ron
    USAF Ret [E-8]
    NRA Endowment Member

Xringshooter
    Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are just about living a semi retired gun nuts dream.

Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot!
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...

Grunt

Welcome, I started loading shotgun in 71 and rifle in 73 pistol in 75.

Number one let me just say. WELCOME TO THE BOARD. Nice to have a Pa crew here.

Why can't I reload any 22? I surely can't buy any.

Wait I can reload my Hornet and my 223. They are 2 I have to shoot more. Now to score on some more 22 to give my little 10 22 a workout. I like that gun but shoot it far less lately.
    Last edited by j1; 03-18-2014 at 01:49 PM.