Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Casting in the cold

Do you think I can fit 100 pounds of +70° in a flat fate global envelope?
    Delbert/BS JR.
    1/1/06
    Got it right that time!!!
    Last edited by Bullshop Junior; 01-04-2006 at 06:20 AM.

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Saw on the news tonight that Ozzieland was burning up. I prefer cold, when it's hot only so many clothes I can take off without folks puking, but if it's cold, i can cover up even more I was in King Salmon AK when it was -57 F had to keep the fridge door open to get any heat. Was at Galena AK in Jan. when it was -50F and back in July when it was 105F no wonder those folks are twichey.
    krag35
    A wife and a steady job, have ruined many a good fisherman

Man, I'm really ticked off by this cold a$$ weather, its around 20* here right now.

Its warmer in my refrigerator than in my garage where my casting gear is.

The house is total electric and the freaken number dials on our electric billing meter are spinning so fast they are humming like a deep sea fishermans reel with a bloody Marlin on line.

Anyway, I sure would like to do some casting, I've just about swaged up every blasted bullet I did last year.

I really need to buy myself a new electric furnace, that Lee pro pot looks pretty good, has a mould stand under the spout.

Gets tiresome trying to use a Lee six cavity gang mould without one.

I'd move to Australia but you blokes got too many crocs and bloody snakes and spiders that put me below them on the food chain. And I don't like Roo burgers.

Jim

It's been 70 here for the last two days but the wind has been blowing and the fires are burning
    Toney Relic Hunter

Though everything is covered with snow around here...we could use a good forest fire right now.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Toney
    It's been 70 here for the last two days but the wind has been blowing and the fires are burning
    I'd move to Australia but you blokes got too many crocs and bloody snakes and spiders that put me below them on the food chain. And I don't like Roo burgers.

Toney. I feel your pain as far as the bushfire problem ! We had one over xmas about 40 kms from our place ! It was almost in the same place & at the same time as last year! We've got a cool change at last!!!! It's dropped right down to just under 90. It also looks like rain .

Jim ! I know this is cold comfort but the Crocs are all up North . As for snakes ? well Ok you've got me there ! We have'nt seen one this year (so far) & not all of em will kill ya ! I got bitten bya Brown some years back & although it made me as sick as a dog it never finnished me (much to my first Wife's annoiance) Spiders well you kind of learn to avoid them( Mind you I killed a rather large Red Back yesterday ) Our greatest problem at the moment is that being the soft heared Bastard that I am ! I started feeding a Shingle Back (or sleepy lizard ) Dry dog food ! As they tend to keep snakes away& now the free loading bastard has spread the word & yesterday we acualy found one inside helping it's self from the dogs Bowl & I had to remove one from the Kid's Bed room !ADS for the Lee Pots I've had one for years & the only problem I've encountered is that it leaks from the bottom spout ! Aparentily it' is easylly fixed by just making sure that The rod that closes it off is keep clean & keeping a little weight on it to keep it down !
    As for Roo meat !!!!!!!! I shot the bastards for years for Pet food & then latter for human consumption ! I never did get a taste for it ! AS a kid we ate that & Rabbit as My Dad was a Pro Shooter before me ! I always laugh when I go into a resturant & look at the fuss people make over it as if it's some great delicasy!

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Robertbank please keep that damn freezing rain in BC. the last I checked we didn't have an order in for that stuff to be sent over them thar big hills to Alberta till Nov 2011.
    I just hate that shtuff.
    Thanks Ken
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot!
    Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...

Dave, just kidding about them crocs and snakes and things. We've got more problems in our woods around this house I live in on our one acre...bloody deer flies, ticks that break off their heads in your body parts and you have to get the ole lady to look you over naked to see if you have any of the little vermin on your back-side.

A chore she sorrly dislikes doing these days...though I keep telling her she better let me check her over...heh heh!

The skeeters around here weren't too bad last year, hope the buggers all die off what flippen good are they in natures scheme of things.

I think I once ate a roo burger at some Mc Donalds, tasted about as good as soy bean burger...yeck!

Black Angus, now that is a real burger making food.

Dang it, now I'm hungry.

Jim

Default D O K

Man be careful what you wish for. We don't get real cold, not like in the Territories -60F but cold enough and when it snows....at least with rain you don't have to shovel it! Suspect my friend in Alaska is getting his share of real cold.

Stay Safe

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robertbank
    Man be careful what you wish for. We don't get real cold, not like in the Territories -60F but cold enough and when it snows....at least with rain you don't have to shovel it! Suspect my friend in Alaska is getting his share of real cold.

Stay Safe

Bob
    It has been mild this year. It has been in the -30° but not to -60° As it is sometimes!!
    Delbert/BS JR.
    Last edited by Bullshop Junior; 01-04-2006 at 06:18 AM.

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)