Thread: Antlerless season

Default Antlerless season

It was cold !!! Dillon got a shot and busted his eye open. He's shooting with the wrong eye, been trying to get him to shoot right mabie this will help. He was shooting Connes jap

I did'nt see anything, He had been sitting in the truck and when he got out there were deer I looked for blood but did,nt see any. On the way out around 75yd from were we parked we seen a little doe
    Toney Relic Hunter

It's rainning!!! Think i'll stay home

Went out this evening did't see anything, it is cold and has been lightly raining had to run the wipers on the way home

seen a few hunters out but don't think i heard any hunting shots
    Toney Relic Hunter

getting ready for the morning, think i will take my M38 up a tree took it hunting on the last day of rifle, but don't think i have ever took a nagant up before

Connie gets to go, hope she gets one. She will be sitting in the pop-up. I have stayed away from it, only hunted it 3 or 4 times and got 2 out of it. She will be using my 7mm, that boy really got thumped by her rifle and i have not checked the zero
    Toney Relic Hunter

Was a very nice morning, around 43 and not much wind. The squirrels were every where, a lot of ducks flew by early but no deer.
    Toney Relic Hunter

Toney: We finally got the game and fish dept. to leave the doe season open as long as the buck season , first week of Nov.-first week of Jan. The land owners were starting to threaten to shoot them and leave them lie, legal to protect crops. Most owners have enacted a policy of requiring that a hunter take two does before taking a buck, as so many out of state hunters were not interested in taking does and hauling the meat back across the country. We are allowed 2 antlerless, 1 buck, and 4turkeys a year(any sex on turkey in the fall). We can cross the county line and use a second buck tag, or travel south and take a third one. We can also take Mule deer in the surrounding counties, but not here in Wheeler county. So many people here say the don't like deer meat, I tell them if they treated their beef like they treat their deer, they wouldn't like it either. They hang it up in warm weather, let the sun shine on it, and the flies blow it, throw it in the back of the truck and haul it 40 miles in the sunshine to the processer, and complain about off taste! I don't want to eat their deer meat either. I've had friends offer me their meat in the past, and it rarely has been good.
    Last edited by dale clawson; 05-18-2006 at 02:21 AM.

We can take 3 bucks and 4 does, and 4 turkeys
    Toney Relic Hunter