Thread: Marlin 700 small game gun!!

Cool Marlin 700 small game gun!!

Yesterday I traded my old Biakal over/under 12ga for a Marlin Model:700 clip fed carbine, a set of rings that are on the way in the mail, and three bricks of federal bulk. When the rings come I am going to put my old weaver scope on it, and it will become my squirrel gun. We have some squirrel problems up here and that gun is a perfect gun to take care of them. Being a carbine it is easy to carry through the woods and it is a lot of fun to shoot. I got it used for a good price, and my dad really wanted that old Biakal.
    DANIEL/BS JR.

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

I like to sguirrel hunt my old rem511 with it's 25" barrel will reach out and touch a squirrel i sight in at 50yds with the win ammo and 75yards with the super max

Don't it seem like them squirrels know when your carring a 22. when you got the deer rifle you will have them barking at you all day
    Toney Relic Hunter

Must admit I have soft spot for the humble .22 when it comes to small Game ! Mind you before they brought in the new regulations reguards ,min cal for Pro shooters (.223 ) we used to use .22lrs to take head shots on Kangaroos at 50yrds! I was also guilty of poaching Deer at a local Deer Farm on occassion with a .22 Browning semi Auto fitted with a silencer at about 15 yrds ! I did my "Work"right on Dawn & had a real concern about disturbing the owners of the property at such a early hour Now before anybody gets upset over my pre-dawn activities !!!!! It was a case of justifiable revenge as the Deer Farmer was also a Part time Roo shooter & took great delight of Poaching Roos on my property

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin

Finially got the prong-horn tasco mounted on my 22. BOY IS THAT GUN ACCURATE!!!!! I shot several CCI standard velocity touching.
    DANIEL/BS JR

(Reminds me of what I do to my brothers)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior
    Finially got the prong-horn tasco mounted on my 22. BOY IS THAT GUN ACCURATE!!!!! I shot several CCI standard velocity touching.
    DANIEL/BS JR
    Bloody young eyes "Mutter ,Mutter ,Mutter!!! I reckon it sounds like a combo made in heaven !

Dave
    All times wasted wot not spent shootin