Thread: 9mm Reload Screw up. Need Suggestion

Default 9mm Reload Screw up. Need Suggestion

I have been reloading for quite a few years. I reload for practice only and reload mostly 45acp.

I have screwed up before but not like this.

While reading the reloading data that I have for 9mm using a 115 gr. RN, I looked at the wrong page and used the loading data for .380. Yea, I know, I should have double checked with my 9mm documents (yes, I keep records of all loads I have every done, See I told you it was stupid!).

Specs: 4gn of Unigue : 115 gr rn

So Now I have 500 rounds of very under powered ammo. I am trying to determine if
    1. I should scrap it all and start again
    2. Use this very carefully!
    3. Put it in a corner and forget about it
    4. ???

TFTH

Don "Ho"

Yes, it's about a grain less than one would like to start with, but, if they will cycle in your pistol I see no reason not to shoot them up. You've got nothing to lose by giving them a try, and I don't see any danger. That's one hell of a lot of bullets to pull, so if they function, I would just shoot them and be happy you weren't on the .357mag page. If the recoil spring in your pistol is light enough, they may shoot without a problem. If they don't cycle, it would be a real pain to load them one at a time. To pull them, I don't think you could get a collet to close on those bullets without damaging them (at least mine wouldn't), so that would leave you to be pulling them with a kinetic unit, and that could take an hour or two of rather tedious hard labor. On the positive side, I bet you won't ever make that mistake again.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

heck i'd shoot them unique is pretty forgiving.
    the load might just be one you like and it isn't dangerous.
    if it doesn't work the slide save a bunch for a new shooter or for rack and tap drills.
    i make some underpowered loads for my acp's so i can slip one in at random for the clear and go drill.

I used 4.2 and 4.5 grs of a similar powder with 125 LRN's as my regular target load for a few years.
    1911's, CZ's and clones, S&W etc would all cycle.
    CZ's wouldn't group with anything, pffffff....

I couldn't find a lighter load in my notes though... let us know how it turns out.

kg

Shot about 150 rounds today with only one stovepipe. All my shooting is 12 yards and closer so I dont think accuracy could be measued correctly. Going out on Friday and do some Chron test and will report back in case anyone is interested.

Thanks for the help

Don " Ho"

JJB

cool!! i'm glad that worked out for you..... i would be interested in what the chrony says.......... i load some really anemic .38 spls for the missus to shoot in the colt det spl snubbie she inherited from her late father.......... but then you have a revolver instead of an auto........

LIFE IS SHORT.....

GunLoad Trainee

Thumbs up Ruger .357/9mm Convertible

You just nailed the reason I have a 9mm cylinder for my Ruger .357 Blackhawk.

Lord knows anybody who hangs around a shooting range long enough can accumulate a lifetime supply of 9mm brass if you can bend over. I don't load anything special for it, but I shoot a bunch of 9mm in autos, and some of them are finicky. Every now and then I have a run of 9mm reloads that don't suit whatever I'm shooting at the moment, and they go into the bag of 9mm ammo I save for the Blackhawk when I go plinking.

Come on... you really want a Ruger Convertible..... don't you?