Thread: Cross-country moving advice

Default Cross-country moving advice

Hey all, the family and I are looking to move out of AL (for obvious reasons) to Colorado Springs. We are in the initial planning phase and I was looking for advice, gotchas, etc that other folks may have run into when moving across the country.

A little background - we want to move next summer (so about a year from now). Planning to buy a house. We have 5 pets (4 cats and a dog, blended pet family haha) and I have two kiddos ages going on 5 and 8.

Any advice on how to move all of us and our stuff, how to pitch the idea to the kids, and how to make sure we don't go insane and/or bankrupt would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm also planning a move, from Texas to Oregon, with my family of four and our dog. We're looking to buy a house too and want to keep moving costs low. I found out that moving from October to April can be cheaper. According to https://threemovers.com/what-is-the-...cross-country/, this time avoids the high prices of summer's peak moving season. Avoiding holidays and school breaks also helps save money. We decided to move in November to take advantage of these lower rates. I'm going with Three Movers for the relocation; they seem to understand how to manage costs effectively.