Thread: True Blue or WST

GunLoad Trainee

Default True Blue or WST

I've looked everywhere I could, and see no information on WST powder for the 44 Special. I see that True Blue will work for the 44 Special and can obtain that powder now as well as the WST. I would rather use 231 or AA#5 or Unique, but I can't find those in the current state of affairs. Does anyone have any input on which powder is best for cast boolits to be used with the 44 Special, WST or True Blue, as these powders are available?
    Amtracker 66-69 Semper Fi

just about any powder from bullseye to herco ,to 2400,will do what you want in the 44.
    i use titegroup for a fairly light load but even clays gets used when it's what i have.
    check out the hodgdons website to see if they have data for the wst.
    you can use jacketed data for the cast in the special without any problems.

GunLoad Trainee

I guess I better rephrase this, does anyone have any information from a older text that has load data for using WST in 44 Special with 240 gr. or 215 gr. SWC ?Well I now have used 5.5 gr. WST for the 240SWC and it's a real peach. It was well worth the effort to find a load for this fine powder. I now have loads using, WST, 231, Unique, AA#5, AA#7, and now just got a can of 2400 to play with. It seems there is a lot of information using 2400 in the 44 Special, so I will be busy. I think 2400 will be the slowest powder I'm going to use. I'll save 296 for the magnum.
    Last edited by TATER; 08-14-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: new information
    Amtracker 66-69 Semper Fi