Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: red dot loads for .38 spl-.357 magnum

Unhappy

My friends,
    I am sorry that you all had to put up with this abuse. No more will be forthcoming. I feel you all deserve an explanation.

When warned, tactfully but honestly, swamp blamed all of us for his unacceptable behavior, refused to accept any responsibility for it, and then insulted us all again on top of it. If I won't stand for that kind of behavior, certainly not from a (supposedly) grown man and see no reason why you should either. An adult admits mistakes and attempts to make things right, but he could not and would not. He seems to be the kind of man who knows everything and is always right. He must be a very lonely man and I do feel sorry for him, but not so sorry that I could ever condone such behavior at the expense of us all or allow it to continue unchecked. This is the first time I have ever had to take action of this sort and I feel I gave him more than a chance to to make things right, but when it came down to it, all of you come first with me and the right choice was clear. Thank you all for your patience and for your admirable restraint in dealing with him.

Most folks when they are new here pick up the rules that have evolved here by tacit agreement through reading posts and by noting and accepting the example of our members. On other forums, rudeness and flaming is the norm, but never here. Usually a discrete word is enough on very rare occasions to get the point across to someone who doesn't realize it, and all proceeds happily from there. This is the first time it has not worked.
    "Stand your ground.
    Do not fire unless fired upon.
    But if they mean to have a war let it begin here."
    - Capt. Parker, Lexington Militia, April 19, 1775

Thank you, versifier.

JJB

oh ya i go to some forums that the members are completely uncivilized toward each other.... it's childish....... i will try to be respectful and helpful when i can......... makes a much nicer reloading forum experiance..........

LIFE IS SHORT.... JJB

i had to look.....
    i was just plain through with this thread.
    glad you picked up on it too.

GunLoad Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by versifier View Post
    My friends,
    I am sorry that you all had to put up with this abuse. No more will be forthcoming. I feel you all deserve an explanation.

When warned, tactfully but honestly, swamp blamed all of us for his unacceptable behavior, refused to accept any responsibility for it, and then insulted us all again on top of it. If I won't stand for that kind of behavior, certainly not from a (supposedly) grown man and see no reason why you should either. An adult admits mistakes and attempts to make things right, but he could not and would not. He seems to be the kind of man who knows everything and is always right. He must be a very lonely man and I do feel sorry for him, but not so sorry that I could ever condone such behavior at the expense of us all or allow it to continue unchecked. This is the first time I have ever had to take action of this sort and I feel I gave him more than a chance to to make things right, but when it came down to it, all of you come first with me and the right choice was clear. Thank you all for your patience and for your admirable restraint in dealing with him.

Most folks when they are new here pick up the rules that have evolved here by tacit agreement through reading posts and by noting and accepting the example of our members. On other forums, rudeness and flaming is the norm, but never here. Usually a discrete word is enough on very rare occasions to get the point across to someone who doesn't realize it, and all proceeds happily from there. This is the first time it has not worked.
    Thanks Versifier. I have found RedDot to be a real performer in my little .380 Bersa. I am using a 90 grain XTP over 3.0 grains. It functioned the pistol perfectly and gave very low recoil. A good plinker load. Now, to work on that with the cast Ranch Dog 100 grain and a skosh less powder.

I also tried it out in my .357 the other day and it seemed to like to shoot 125 grain J-words with 4.6 grains. Not close to minimum really in some books. I also used this same charge with a Speer shot capsule full of #9's (100 grains approx). It punches thru the heavy cardboard backing and sticks into the wood target frame.

Wise

Talking

I have to laugh my butt off. This thread just got ressurected after dying three years, two months and several days after dying. Definite proof of life after death. I'm kind of sorry I missed out on the donnybrook as I think I could have put Swamp in his place. The sad thing it in some parts of what he said, he was right. He certainly was wrong elsewhere though. Belive it or not, I actually joined this site on 3/23/05. I lost it due to a computer crash ond only found it recently when someone mentioned it in another site. It was funny when I tried to sign in and it said there was someone already on the site with the exact same name and password. I went there and found out it was me. Guess there's more than one form of ressurection after all.
    For the record, I always try to be polite and respectful when replying to threads. Note that I said, "Try." When it comes to someone like Swamp who refuses to accept another's POV, then I have been known to not so politely tell him he's full of prunes. Still, reading all that stuff did give me more than one chuckle.
    Paul B.
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS AN OXYMORON PROMULGATED BY MORONS.

i went and reread the whole thing again as i had forgotten about this.
    i can't believe i was being this nice.
    there is only so many angles to look at things from and every one of them was wrong.
    ehhhh [shrug] versifier fixed it.