PDA

View Full Version : New press!!!

Toney
11-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Got my first good press today at the BIG!!! gun show in tulsa. A RCBS JR2 for $25 just have to bolt it down!!!

Bullshop Junior
11-16-2005, 05:17 AM
I remember the time I got my first press. My dad went to a mans house one day. When he got home he had me go look in tha back of the car. I came back to the house yelling A PRESS, DAD GOT A PRESS!!!!!!!! A couple days later an H&R leatherneck came to our little gun shop. After some fuss about how much I wanted that gun dad made me a deal. He said Daniel, you want the gun? I will trade you that Savage model 24 22/20ga for that gun that press and a brick of 22 ammo. YIPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!! the 22 ammo is gone, but I still have the gun and the press. The press is a RCBS reloader special 3. I have loaded a lot of ammo on that press in the year that I have had it.
DANIE/BS JR.

d-o-k
11-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Got my first good press today at the BIG!!! gun show in tulsa. A RCBS JR2 for $25 just have to bolt it down!!!
Good on you Toney ! :grin: I remember my first press it was a simplex turret (that took 5/8 dies) & you could only neck size with it! But Hell it was my first Press (I suppose I was about 15 at the time ) But as the saying goes ....out of little chestnuts grow mighty trees! You'll look at your bench one day in years to come& remember that it started with your first press ! So enjoy there are many hours of pleasure to come yet

Dave

Toney
11-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Dave glad your still around, your the only pro on this sight

45nut
11-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Dave glad your still around, your the only pro on this sight
Hiya Toney,
Regarding the quote,,,anytime you need you can wander over and give a little shove to a few of the guys at cast boolits to answer any reloading questions you may have. Most anyone will come on over to help out. Including me. I have a few years of reloading under my belt and am happy to help anytime.
Congrats on that first press,if I remember my first press was a RCBS Reloader Special 5,happily found a old LYman All American Turret press and have since added a Dillon RL 550 and a Rockchucker and even a Lee hand Press for odd jobs.
45nut-Ken

Toney
11-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks 45 i have learned a LOT!!! from cast bootlits

d-o-k
11-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Great to be Back Mate ! I've got another 2weeks of this contract left & am off tomorrow to get it out the way (so much for retirement ) I've got to adress a small camel problem as well this time as well a dog stifferning (dingo baiting ) so the sooner i get it over & done with ! The sooner I can get back home & help with our wheat harvest!

Dave

Mr Jim Beagles
12-21-2005, 08:02 PM
My first press was a Bair out of Lincoln, Nebraska. They went out of business in the late 70's I think. Great "C" press. Cast iron & real heavy. I got a scale, powder measure, trickler and 44 mag and 22-250 dies from them. Good equipment. I also have a Lee aniversary kit. Good stuff. My first 44 dies had a steel resizer. Bad mistake which I rectified with a Lee carbide sizer. I wish bottlenecks had those. :|

d-o-k
12-24-2005, 03:53 AM
First up welcome to the Site Jim ! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here .We're all slightly insane here,but it's a great place to share info.I live for the day that they introduce Carbide dies for Bottle necks! Oh life would be be made easier :coffee: !

Dave

Toney
12-24-2005, 05:35 PM
welcome to the guide Jim!!!

ks1911
12-24-2005, 05:52 PM
.I live for the day that they introduce Carbide dies for Bottle necks! Oh life would be be made easier :coffee: !

Dave

There are some carbide dies for bottle necks already out there. I believe you still have to lube the cases though.

Toney
12-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the guide ks 1911

versifier
12-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Yes, they make them, yes, you still have to lube them, and omygod are they expensive. They are designed to have a much longer working life for commercial reloaders, not for us regular guy types, and not for the convenience of working without lube like carbide handgun dies. Too bad. I suppose if they were practical for straightwall rifle cases they'd have been pushing them on us long ago.

d-o-k
12-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Welcome to the board KS1911 & thanks for the info reguards the T/C dies for bottle necks ! That's what I love about this site there is always something new to be learnt all the time.

Dave