PDA

View Full Version : 1903 Turk

Toney
11-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Swaped my norinco sks for two turks 1903. Both have 1935 on them, good barrels, slings and cleaning rods.

One has a replacement stock very rough and crudely shaped but not oil soaked, have aready cut it down! Have'nt sporterized one in a while. This one need a lot of work! when i tightened the action screws the tang went way below the stock and locked the bolt. I have shimmed it up to test fire today will bed later. think this one will be my cast bullet shooting sporter truck gun.

Was looking forward to cleaning one those black stocks to see what was under the grease, but after i had taken the second one apart to check and clean i decided to put it on the rack just the way it came out of storage. this one is a pretty good rifle, it has the best muzzle, no splices in the wood but it has a head space issue. will have to adjust when reforming 06 cases. I dont think i will shoot this one often. [smilie=f:

Time to break out some of the turk bandoleers!!!

Toney
11-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Just got back from the river. Both rifles shot great! 1 1/2-2"@50y off the hood of the truck in the wind. Both were printing around 2-3" low with 1944 turk, set on 200y they did good. had one ftf on the rifle with the head space and it went off on the next click.

The rifle with the replacement stock has an short mag issue and to big a gap between the action and mag, bullet tips kept hanging up inbetween. This rifle should keep ocupied for a while.

Toney