PDA

View Full Version : Browning 1911-22lr

versifier
09-26-2015, 09:18 PM
Got a chance to shoot one of the little Brownings yesterday. I like 1911's and this scaled down version was fun to shoot. Accuracy wise any of the Rugers (SR22, 22/45, MKIII) put it to shame for 1/3 to 1/2 the price. I'm not sure you could keep them all on the paper at 25yds, no way at all for 50. It was comfortable in the hand, fed & functioned flawlessly with several different flavors of ammo, and a lot of fun to shoot at reactive targets even if it was no bullseye pistol. Would I buy one? No, not unless I was a 1911 fanatic and needed one of each chambering to sleep at night. It just isn't accurate enough to be more than a curiosity.

Kirbydoc
09-27-2015, 06:22 PM
That is surprising. I expect Brownings to be fairly accurate anyway.

versifier
09-28-2015, 01:42 AM
I don't know KD. For their rifles bolts, levers, semis, seldom do I encounter one that can shoot MOA. For pistols Buckmarks can't match the Ruger MKIII's, HiPowers all are combat accurate but not bullseye shooters. No complaints with the Citoris, SxS's, and A5's I've shot. They all seem to function well and they stand up well under heavy use, but accuracy is about average in the industry, not outstanding. I've never had one that I thought shot well enough to hang onto. My friend has a subMOA ABolt in .243 with his handloads, but that's the most accurate one I have seen or shot and even that one is 2-3MOA with factory ammo. I guess I would say I expect their rifles to be accurate enough to hunt large game with, but I have yet to see one in a varmint chambering that will come close to what I would be happy with at longer ranges. I know nada about recent production though, just speaking generally from wheeling and dealing used ones for the last forty years. We all know every rifle built today will pop eggs at 1000yds if you believe the ads. :mrgreen: