PDA

View Full Version : Dicks Sporting Goods

BBerguson
01-07-2015, 02:04 AM
I love Dicks Sporting Goods! About every other time I'm in there I find a good deal on something, shotgun ammo usually. I stopped in today and found Rio shotgun shells for 5.48 per box limit 10. I took 10'to the register and they rang up to 6.99 per box. Turns out they forgot to take the sign down but honored the 5.48 price. One time I was in there to buy Remington GunClub, buy 4 get 1 free which worked out to 56 per case. They didn't have any left but they had Remington STS and he gave me the same deal on five boxes. It's funny because there is a Gander Mtn across the parking lot and they never get even close to matching Dicks prices.

My boy needs factory loads for the state shoot in June so I like to have some on hand for him to practice with and then shoot the same brand in the match. I also like to have ammo that doesn't make me cry when I lose the hulls and some of these shoots it's hard to pick them up after flying from his automatic...

BB

Kirbydoc
01-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Only prob with Dicks around here is when they took over all the reloading stuff disappeared from the shelf.
The employees were given some cockamamie story "It was too close to a major road."

Hellrazor
01-07-2015, 11:30 PM
I never go into the one here. I know a few people who hit some really nice sales though. One wanker at work got a heavy duty, airline approved, double scoped rifle case for like $20 because there was a 4" scratch on it.

j1
01-11-2015, 05:14 PM
BB thanks for the heads up. I have been buying 22 rimfire ammo at Gander Mountain for $25 plus tax per 500 round brick. The Dicks is no more than 2-3 miles away. Will check there too. [smilie=1: