PDA

View Full Version : Small pistol primers in 45 acp

BBerguson
10-21-2014, 10:21 PM
I had never run into small pistol primer pockets in 45 acp before and they caught me off guard. Obviously I was loading mixed brass and this had to be some I picked up some where. It took me a few to figure out what was going on because I had been loading some military 223 with crimped primers and my first few thoughts were crimped primers. And then I got to looking closer. Damn, whoever was the brainiac that thought that up ought to have their a$$ kicked a little! Wouldn't be quite so bad except I'm loading on a Dillon 550...

BB

versifier
10-21-2014, 10:28 PM
I used to put them aside when I found any in with the range brass. I used some to make dummies for the different bullets I load. Now any I encounter I just toss in the recycling bucket. I have tried to cram more than one large pistol primer into those little holes over the years. :twisted: Now all my .45 brass gets recycled by me alone and I don't have the source of range brass anymore so they cause me no more aggravation.

BBerguson
10-21-2014, 11:51 PM
I have 35 of them and will end up reloading them separately. Now, if they were small AND crimped, I'd junk them!