PDA

View Full Version : Hey Versifier!

Clayt
09-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Your e-mail working?

Dan'l and I are planning a get together and I was wondering if we could meet up with you?

versifier
09-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Yes, you can. My email is history. Both accounts hacked. I guess I'll create a gmail one soon. Send me a private message through this board or fb until I update my contact info. Phone still works, check your PM's.

fryboy
09-10-2014, 09:28 PM
i'd suggest about anything else other than g-mail ( well unless it's apple based ) especially if you value your privacy ....
this is just the latest

"Millions of Gmail accounts hacked, was yours one of them?"

http://fusion.net/modern_life/story/millions-gmail-accounts-hacked-1036842

versifier
09-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Noted and thank you. Maybe I will give up email altogether. I miss sending and receiving actual letters.

fryboy
09-11-2014, 09:25 AM
none are 100 % safe and it does have a place but i hear ya on the actual feel of reading from paper ( altho my penmanship leaves more than a lot to be desired lolz )
years ago i used to have a g-mail acct ( back when it was invitation only ) since google+ has came out i dropped them ( and google+) the straw that did it for me was when i went to you tube one day following a link on a forum when i wasnt signed in to any accounts ( was reading a news site ) and in fact was right after a cookie ,malware and spybot/tracker sweep yet i got a welcome to you tube sent to my g-mail over the video i had just watched - it set up a you tube account using my g-mail addy name etc ( i already have a you tube acct btw )
that was followed by

"Court Says That Google's Scanning Email Content To Place Ads Could Violate Wiretap Laws "

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130926/17575424672/court-says-that-googles-scanning-email-content-to-place-ads-could-violate-wiretap-laws.shtml

but it's more than just scanning them , there was a recent article i'd love to share on this but i cant find it at the moment ,it pertains heavily to the above ,what i do know is that every year there is less and less privacy

j1
09-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Imagine the complete lack of privacy of those who use Facebook.

Did you ever read a really great OLD book? The first thing you notice is the smell. Really great. Maneaters in the long grass. AFRICA. Old Africa. Really a different experience. Got a new edition from the library. Not the same.