PDA

View Full Version : Case Prepping and Bullet Casting Marathon

versifier
07-21-2014, 08:09 PM
OK, I've been motivated to judge from buckets and boxes of cases and bullets piled on the side of the basement steps next to the loading bench. After three recent casting sessions (and two more to go) I figured I had better try to reduce my backlog of unprepped cases. Three days plugging away at it and I have 350 8x57's, 150 7.5 Swiss, 50 .300Savs, 200 .308's, a dozen 6.5MS, 150 25-20's, 400 45ACP's, and 500 9mm's. All cases sized, annealed & trimmed (when needed), necks expanded, and primed. Another 200 .30carbs and 200 7.62x39's tonight and I will be ready to start stuffing the first of them with powder and such bullets as are also ready.

I am only about five months behind normal, good thing I have some help with the casting (and the loading if I need it), but I'm completely healed up, back shooting real rifles again, almost done with PT. I still have to make some bullet sizers, then get all the bullets ready, then load them. After that I will be ready start rebarreling one rifle and rechambering two others. I can't see the new .30/223 rifle ready for deer season this year even with its new barrel, but by summer's end I will be mostly through the long awaited cast bullet tests on my primary jacketed bullet .308 deer rifle, and maybe ready to hunt with cast in it this fall. Somewhere in there I will have to figure on a day of smelting WW's and pure lead as my ingot stash is getting uncomfortably low and won't last the winter at this rate.

Life is good. And busy.

Clayt
07-22-2014, 12:54 AM
How sweet it is! :cool:

j1
08-12-2014, 01:12 PM
V it is nice to hear that your health is better. Keep casting and shooting.