PDA

View Full Version : how to lose a new gun

testhop
10-25-2007, 09:46 PM
my grand neice peanut was 9 years old when she wanted to go hunt deer
my nephew calledand ask if i had a gun she could use i said yes as i always buy
the first gun so she andi went gun buyingtrip i told her to pick out what she wanted but no junk so what she get a charles daily i told her no she said you
i could have what i want and this is what i want so i bough it and 2 cases of 22s
1000boxesat .77 cents a box i thought she would be shooting a lot (wrong)
she went to the range 3 times with the 22 then ask what she was going to use for hunting i just bought me a new remington 243 so i told her i would loan her it so 3 times to rhe range with the 243 then she went hunting first day she shot 2 shots put 2 deer on the ground one was a 12 [point when she was comming home she called me and said uncle you know you have lost this rifle
and i knew i had (coulden have gone to a better cause) bad part is i dought she will get a bigger deer so you see thats how i lot a bran new gun

tom

versifier
10-26-2007, 04:10 AM
She sure doesn't waste the ammo, does she? :-D

1Shirt
03-03-2009, 05:01 PM
I was lucky enough to get a limited edition Rem 700 in 300 Sav. like new. Went to my Grandaughter. Shot her first deer at 11 and first turkey (10 inch beard) at 12. It is a shame that she had to turn into a teenager, and now have many other interests.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Sensai
05-10-2009, 04:44 PM
You guys are causing me concern, I have 17 grandkids.:cry:

Larpreog
11-22-2009, 04:14 AM
How many people use gun ranges?

I just wondered how many people go and use a gun range at a designated place or do you have enough land around where you live to casually shoot?

Sensai
11-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Larpreog,

1st place, welcome to the forum!

Please understand that I am not trying to discourage you from posting, please post often. However, your last post should have been a new thread. If you look at the top header on each sub-forum you will see a "Thread Starter". If you use that you can ask any question that you want, as a new thread.

Again, welcome to the forum!:smile:

kodiak1
11-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Sensai
17 Grandkids that is wonderful.
Buying a first rifle for each of them that's priceless.
I love your dilema.

Ken.

Sensai
11-25-2009, 11:43 AM
It is wonderful to be sure that they get a good start. However, even with .22s the task is a bit daunting. Once you set a precedence there's no going back. Oh well, I just consider it my legacy for the next generation. Those smiles aren't so bad either!

DKA
11-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Have 3 grand children and have bought all of them rifles. 2 granddaughters have 22's and grandson has 7mm 08. Not as bad buying guns as it is buying laptop's & cell phones.