PDA

View Full Version : Reloaders Reference Software

wiljen
06-30-2007, 03:21 PM
I normally hang out in the CB forum but thought it was appropriate to post this here.

I have been working for some time to create a reloading software package that was a complete reference to reloading data, and as complete a tool as possible for reloading related calculations and data. I believe I have succeeded. It now contains, 21000+ loads, Cast bullet loads, Factory ammo information, bullet information, Mold information, a trajectory and Maximum Point blank Range/Zero Calculator based on G1 drag functions, a powley calculator and Barsness Ballistic prediction calculations, a CC to grains reference for common cartridges/dippers etc,
Shellholder and shellplate references, a cartridge dimension lookup, and an alloy calculator for casting. It also allows the user to add data or comments to the system.

Oh, and did I mention, my intention was to make it available free of charge for all non-commercial use. Thats right, use it, copy it and give it to friends, do as you wish - just don't sell it. This has been a labor of love for me and I will continue to work on it as time permits. Suggestions are always welcome.

If you are interested, it can be downloaded from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

It is about 55Mb and takes about 5-7 minutes (depending on machine speed) to install.

Wiljen

versifier
06-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Good to see you over here Wiljen. I downloaded it this spring and have been using it ever since. It is really easy to use and is jampacked with al kinds of loads. I highly recommend it to all.

kg42
06-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks for your work.
I downloaded an earlier stand-alone version from a public computer with a fast connection, but it is not clear to me now how the latest version works.
Which brings me to the question: Could you possibly present it the way powder makers do (Adobe?), in less than 15Mb? Maybe in several files like cast/jacketed data and "other stuff"?

I understand you wanted to create a complete tool, and I guess that even the cast data would probably exceed 15Mb in Adobe... so I'm just asking... still mourning the old Alliant Table :) .

kg

wiljen
06-30-2007, 08:14 PM
I checked and converting the tables to acrobat is still 47meg, so not much of a savings I fear.

Sigma 40 Blaster
07-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Could you re-post the URL, I dont see it anywhere.

Thank you for taking the time to do this, I'm a programming/web developer myself and was about to start hacking away at something like that to put online for the world to use...sounds like a really useful tool especially for a nerd like me who has his reloading bench and computer within viewing distance of each other.

Cynical
07-02-2007, 02:19 AM
Hey Wiljen,

Do you have any idea why the downloaded file won't open ?
The message is "the file containes invalid data". Whatever that means.
What can I do to open it ?

thanks, Al

wiljen
07-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Cynical - sounds like the file got corrupted during download.

Sigma - working on revamping some features -will have it posted as soon as I'm satisfied that it is right.

Update - it is posted.

wiljen
07-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Reloaders' Reference got a new home today and will be moving from its former download location. It is now available from:

I will be removing the files from the other site so all future downloads will be through sourceforge.

Wiljen

wiljen
07-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Posted new files - bug fixes mostly.

wiljen
07-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Reloaders' Reference V6 is on its way. [smilie=w: I am posting it today so it will be up for download either tonight or tomorrow depending on how quickly it loads. This is a major overhaul/revamping of the program.

Changes

- revamped trajectory calculation with lower minimum velocities for the BP shooters.

- rebuilt database structure so that future forms changes will not alter user input inventory or load data.

- Added a BHN chart to the Alloy calc.

- Revamped the menu system for a cleaner look.

Additions

- Added and Inventory subsystem for firearms (with 2 pictures per arm), and components and a reloading cost calculator per user requests.

- Added printable targets (approx 70) (requires acrobat reader).

- Added Searchable and printable firearms manuals (Approx 650) (requires acrobat reader).

This is a major change to the system so an upgrade package is not provided. With the design changes it just wasn't practical to do an upgrade as it would replace the whole system anyway. The good news is, the will be the last full system upgrade. Between modularizing the database files and bulk insert procedures, future upgrades can be done only to the forms components without altering users data.

The package is now 1.5gig in size - yes its big (all those manuals take up space).
I recommend acrobat reader 8 be used with this package although any version of acrobat 6 or newer should work.

The download of version 6 will be available from:

454shooter
07-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Reloaders' Reference V6 is on its way. [smilie=w: I am posting it today so it will be up for download either tonight or tomorrow depending on how quickly it loads. This is a major overhaul/revamping of the program.

Changes

- revamped trajectory calculation with lower minimum velocities for the BP shooters.

- rebuilt database structure so that future forms changes will not alter user input inventory or load data.

- Added a BHN chart to the Alloy calc.

- Revamped the menu system for a cleaner look.

Additions

- Added and Inventory subsystem for firearms (with 2 pictures per arm), and components and a reloading cost calculator per user requests.

- Added printable targets (approx 70) (requires acrobat reader).

- Added Searchable and printable firearms manuals (Approx 650) (requires acrobat reader).

This is a major change to the system so an upgrade package is not provided. With the design changes it just wasn't practical to do an upgrade as it would replace the whole system anyway. The good news is, the will be the last full system upgrade. Between modularizing the database files and bulk insert procedures, future upgrades can be done only to the forms components without altering users data.

The package is now 1.5gig in size - yes its big (all those manuals take up space).
I recommend acrobat reader 8 be used with this package although any version of acrobat 6 or newer should work.

The download of version 6 will be available from:

Well pard,I'm gonna D/L it.
[smilie=w:
It's good ![smilie=p:
Sounds like V.6 is going to be a winner !
I have the others.
Just keep collecting on good programs.Should have about 1 gig now.
Some of those programs I've bought, were just a waste of money and time to order them.
One good one,it's pricey,is "QuickLoad".
Other one,is "Point Blank".
Another thing I haven't seen with any programs, are the highs and lows of barrel lengths. With this, you wouldn't have to convert from a 4 3/4" barrel to an 18 to 32" barrel.And do a head-banger[smilie=b: to figure it out.
You have a good day pard ![smilie=s:

wiljen
07-15-2007, 04:47 PM
It seems the DL size is causing problems for some. I am working on a version broken into 200 Megabyte chunks now. I have taken the massive file down and am posting the pieces instead. It will take some time to get all the pieces loaded, so please be patient.

454shooter
07-15-2007, 11:16 PM
It seems the DL size is causing problems for some. I am working on a version broken into 200 Megabyte chunks now. I have taken the massive file down and am posting the pieces instead. It will take some time to get all the pieces loaded, so please be patient.

That ain't no problem.:-D

454shooter
07-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Have a question for ya Wiljen.
Did you upload RRV6.EXE ?
Have all the parts.
Thanks.

wiljen
07-16-2007, 10:57 AM
I left my ftp running last night as it took almost 7 hours to load it all. I had to approve the file this morning. The RRv6Install.exe file is now available.

Wiljen

454shooter
07-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Got all the parts.
Thank you for an outstanding job !
Really appreciate it.

wiljen
07-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Added a fix for installing to different drives or directories.

wiljen
07-27-2007, 08:17 PM
New version released today - new menus, linked tables fixed, reporting, and a backup tool.

For those of you with version 6 I posted an upgrade file. For those without, it is going up in 9 200mb pieces.

single shot
07-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Question for wiljen or anyone else.

I downloaded all the version 6 files for the second time and just like the first try I have the same problem.

When I start to install, I get a message from ETRUST PEST PATROL that it detects the IAMBIGBROTHER pest. This is a key stroke pest used to collect personal information for the purpose of identity theft, or collect pass words, and credit card information to gain access to accounts.

Anyone else having the problem???? This has happened even when I used a mirror site for the second download try.

So far I can not install the program without getting this warning.:confused:

wiljen
07-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Question for wiljen or anyone else.

I downloaded all the version 6 files for the second time and just like the first try I have the same problem.

When I start to install, I get a message from ETRUST PEST PATROL that it detects the IAMBIGBROTHER pest. This is a key stroke pest used to collect personal information for the purpose of identity theft, or collect pass words, and credit card information to gain access to accounts.

Anyone else having the problem???? This has happened even when I used a mirror site for the second download try.

So far I can not install the program without getting this warning.:confused:

I run CA AntiVirus and have scanned my development machine with both Norton's online scan and TrendMicro's Online scan and it found nothing. A little investigation revealed that IAMBIGBROTHER is a net nanny style program for spying on employees or monitoring children and can be found here:

http://www.iambigbrother.com/

I even took Norton's manual removal instructions and searched for the registry keys and files and found none of them. I believe this is a case of a false positive. I am not sure what Pest Patrol is finding, but I am confident that the package is virus free.

Wiljen

single shot
07-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks I also use CA ANTIVIRUS and it found nothing. Even when I scan the file with Pest Patrol it does not find a problem.

It only show up when I start the install.

I appreciate all you work and effort in creating the program. THANK YOU.

I will go with the install. Then update to the new version. [smilie=w:

single shot
07-28-2007, 03:40 PM
RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now it will only install up to 88% then does not respond past that point.:(

I'll try a direct install of the new version but I have to downlaod all the parts first.

dromia
07-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi Wiljen,

I'm trying to download your latest version 6.35, when I hit the download button I het a drop down menu with 10 items in it do I need to download them all separately or is there a way of getting it all in one?

wiljen
07-28-2007, 06:58 PM
RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now it will only install up to 88% then does not respond past that point.:(

I'll try a direct install of the new version but I have to downlaod all the parts first.

Just let it run - it hangs at 88% for a lot of folks. It is unpacking a 2 gig file at that point that contains the manuals.

wiljen
07-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi Wiljen,

I'm trying to download your latest version 6.35, when I hit the download button I het a drop down menu with 10 items in it do I need to download them all separately or is there a way of getting it all in one?

Right now you need all except the upgrade file. They are 200 mb pieces because too many people were getting timeouts when trying to download the 1.6gb file.

I will probably post a single file install again tonight as it takes 8-9 hours to upload it.

single shot
07-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Just let it run - it hangs at 88% for a lot of folks. It is unpacking a 2 gig file at that point that contains the manuals.

[smilie=w: [smilie=w: [smilie=w: [smilie=w: [smilie=w: [smilie=w:

THANK YOU

I now have version 6 installed and am downloading the upgrade.

AND I ran a PestPatrol scan after install and it did not detect IAMBIGBROTHER.

Apparently the false positive is only during the start of the install because it does not detect it in the file prior to install either.

This was a huge amount of work on your part.

Thanks again.

single shot
07-29-2007, 06:43 PM
How do I edit/remove data. I was putting in cast bullet data for 243 win. and entered it as 223 rem.:oops:

Thanks

wiljen
07-30-2007, 02:36 AM
How do I edit/remove data. I was putting in cast bullet data for 243 win. and entered it as 223 rem.:oops:

Thanks

Anything but the cartridge you could just type in the field on the load list, but for cartridge, I'll build ya a quick form.

single shot
07-30-2007, 03:02 AM
Anything but the cartridge you could just type in the field on the load list, but for cartridge, I'll build ya a quick form.

Thanks.

Could I just use Microsoft Access 2003 and use it to open then edit the main file?

It has been so long since I retired, I forgot I had it in the system. And I know how to use Access.

wiljen
07-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks.

Could I just use Microsoft Access 2003 and use it to open then edit the main file?

It has been so long since I retired, I forgot I had it in the system. And I know how to use Access.

Yep, editing the table or an update query would work fine. For that matter if you have access 2002/2003/2007 loaded, you can modify the shortcut by removing the /runtime at the end and it will load in access instead of the runtime.

single shot
08-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks man,

I do not think many understand what a huge project this was just to make life simpler for people you never met.

[smilie=s:

wiljen
08-03-2007, 01:27 AM
Thanks man,

I do not think many understand what a huge project this was just to make life simpler for people you never met.

[smilie=s:

You are very welcome. It has been a labor of love, but I like to think its my way of giving something back to a community that has been such a large part of my life.

single shot
08-14-2007, 12:10 AM
NOW YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is so much reloading data and firearms manuals in that software that I am shopping for additional firearms.

The budget minded half of the household does not seem to understand.

So I said it's simple. I'm a guy. More guns or more --x.

She got me a Gander Mountain Gift card while shopping at Giant Eagle.
[smilie=w:

She forgot that at 66, I would not remember what to do with more --x[smilie=s:

wiljen
08-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Tell her its like women and shoes - we need one gun to match each outfit, maybe two depending on our mood.

fireflyfather
08-22-2007, 07:45 AM
This software is great. Only thing it needs now is a loaded/factory ammo inventory. I want to inventory my ammo stocks too!

single shot
08-23-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm sure WILJEN will work on that as soon as he sees your message.:coffee:

wiljen
08-23-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm sure WILJEN will work on that as soon as he sees your message.:coffee:

It's on my list of to do's but right now I'm working on revamping the castpics.net website so it may be awhile before it is front-burner material.

Just so you don't think I'm ignoring ya.

Wiljen

single shot
08-24-2007, 12:18 AM
It's on my list of to do's but right now I'm working on revamping the castpics.net website so it may be awhile before it is front-burner material.

Just so you don't think I'm ignoring ya.

Wiljen

Hey! You spent all that time creating then revising the program. The least you can do now is address issues on demand. After all, this is a free program.

:twisted:

All kidding aside, THANKS FOR THE GREAT DATA BASE.

fireflyfather
08-24-2007, 03:19 AM
Who said anything about fix on demand? :roll:

Just speaking up about future things to keep in mind.

Honestly, this is a great program. A few minor questions (possible bugs?), but this was a metric crapload of work to put this together. I found some resources I have been looking for for at least a year with no success, simply by searching the database.

1. In the powder inventory section, what units do you enter? 1 pound or 7000 grains?

2. In the ammunition cost calculator, I can't seem to get it to include the cost of powder or cast bullets (Jacketed bullets out of inventory are fine).

Am I missing something?

wiljen
08-24-2007, 03:12 PM
1. In the powder inventory section, what units do you enter? 1 pound or 7000 grains?

2. In the ammunition cost calculator, I can't seem to get it to include the cost of powder or cast bullets (Jacketed bullets out of inventory are fine).

Am I missing something?

1.) Powder inventory is in pounds.
2.) I'll have a look, I ran a few quick checks and it seemed to be working but I'll see if I can duplicate the problem.

single shot
08-26-2007, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE=fireflyfather;4027]Who said anything about fix on demand? :roll:

You didn't I did. Just messing with wiljen.

He has been a great help. And I thank him for all the free stuff.

I just thought I would pick on him a little since most of my original problems were due to an eye dee ten tea error.

fireflyfather
08-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Found the "problem". If you calculate a given load, and want to change the number of powder grains in the load, you have to reselect the powder again afterwards, or it won't recalculate (If you only change the powder weight field, nothing changes...if you change weight and reselect the powder type, it will display the new cost per round).

Very minor bug (feature?), and I had to do a little math myself to double check it, but it does work properly if you do this. Just a little counter-intuitive until you figure it out. Hopefully if anyone else has the same trouble they will see this. :)

Now I can calculate the cost of rounds by salvaged brass. I am still thinking about amortizing both the cost of virgin brass and the cost of factory ammo to salvage brass from. Or even amortizing reloading equipment. Of course, that would require a log of all ammo reloaded as well. Time to break out excel I think. Thanks to RR software I can save excel for the tricky stuff! Great.

single shot
08-28-2007, 12:37 AM
What is a Powley Number?

I noticed a table in the program to automatically calculate this.

I have read some information that would indicate that the Powley Number would be the pressure of a load in PSI.

Is this correct?

THANKS

wiljen
08-29-2007, 11:24 AM
What is a Powley Number?

The powley calculator is used to predict an IMR powder and charge weight that will produce a load of approximately 42,000 CUP. This is an estimation and is only valid within a defined range of powders, but it has been used for years to determine a starting point for wildcatting.

wiljen
08-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Found the "problem".

I found one too. Unfired brass was creating a divide by Zero error in the calculation. I've fixed it and will post a patched file after I add a couple other items.

single shot
08-29-2007, 11:23 PM
The powley calculator is used to predict an IMR powder and charge weight that will produce a load of approximately 42,000 CUP. This is an estimation and is only valid within a defined range of powders, but it has been used for years to determine a starting point for wildcatting.

Cool, now I can do some research because I just ordered a F1 Master Chrony from Midway. It was on sale for $79 which is cheaper than the Wally World price for the standard F1.

With all the stuff I ordered, shipping was not an issue.

testhop
09-17-2007, 10:33 PM
abd who said there was no santa

testhop

fireflyfather
09-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Another thought: How easy or hard would it be to create an inventory for scrap lead? Maybe type, date acquired, cost, original weight, actual yield.

And add a function to track how many of a given primer, bullet (maybe powder) has been used?

This is such a great piece of software I want to quit using excel altogether now.

ETA: Wait, does this software amortize the cost of the brass over successive firings? Maybe I shouldn't have set the price of scrounged factory ammo brass at $0.01 for the whole lot.....hm.....

wiljen
09-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Another thought: How easy or hard would it be to create an inventory for scrap lead? Maybe type, date acquired, cost, original weight, actual yield.

And add a function to track how many of a given primer, bullet (maybe powder) has been used?

This is such a great piece of software I want to quit using excel altogether now.

ETA: Wait, does this software amortize the cost of the brass over successive firings? Maybe I shouldn't have set the price of scrounged factory ammo brass at $0.01 for the whole lot.....hm.....

Yes it does amortize the price of brass by # of firings.

single shot
09-21-2007, 04:11 AM
While I finally got around to inventorying all my loaded ammo.

TOO MUCH STUFF TO ENTER INTO THE PROGRAM. easier to shoot it all off and start inventory from scratch:mrgreen:

Went to the range today. Shot off .243 . Tomorrow is .223, 9mm day.

Misfire99
09-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Hello Wilgen

I don't use windows as my operating system. I use Linux. I would like to help out and port your software project to linux. How can I go about doing this?

Misfire99

wiljen
10-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Hello Wilgen

I don't use windows as my operating system. I use Linux. I would like to help out and port your software project to linux. How can I go about doing this?

Misfire99

This has come up more than once and the simple answer is you can't. While the data is not windows dependant, the forms, reports, queries, etc that the end user gains access to the data through are. It could be rewritten in another programming language and compiled, but would still have to be recompiled for each platform. I would suggest looking at WINE, a windows emulator for linux, as it may allow you to run the windows version from a linux host. That would be my best guesstimate.

Wiljen

wiljen
11-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I have posted version 7.62. The upgrade install for those of you with 6.35 is posted. The full version will be a set of 3 ISO images for burning to CD or opening with winrar.

New version has Norma and Rex data added and a few bug fixes. It also has quantity remaining added to inventory items to allow easier tracking.

Download Here:

wiljen
11-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I've also posted a light version without manuals and targets for those who wanted a smaller footprint and a copy of just the database files for those who wanted to run it with access installed or for those with older versions of windows. The database files should be usable with Access 2000 under windows 98.

fireflyfather
11-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Once again, thanks for this great tool.

Edit: Found two issues on installing the new update. 1. When running maintenance/upgrade 6.35, it brought up an error dialog, and on closing the dialog, it shut down the program (runtime error). 2. Cast bullet cost in reloading cost calculator still returns a null value ($999.00).

Also found lots of fixed bugs (selecting powder before charge weight doesn't cause a reloading cost crash now, for example). Thanks again for all your hard work.

wiljen
11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Once again, thanks for this great tool.

Edit: Found two issues on installing the new update. 1. When running maintenance/upgrade 6.35, it brought up an error dialog, and on closing the dialog, it shut down the program (runtime error). 2. Cast bullet cost in reloading cost calculator still returns a null value ($999.00).

Also found lots of fixed bugs (selecting powder before charge weight doesn't cause a reloading cost crash now, for example). Thanks again for all your hard work.

I'm looking into the runtime error on the update. The reloading cost calc I just double checked and it is working correctly. Are you entering Jacketed bullet and cast cost? When I open the form, enter brass, powder, primer, and cast cost only it is working as it should. I'm wondering if yours has not reset the form and has both jacketed and cast #s being used as the 999 is a placeholder for that situation. Try reseting the form and then just entering those fields and lets see how it behaves.

fireflyfather
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Am not entering anything into the jacketed bullet boxes. Tried resetting the form. Results are the same. I may install this software on another machine to eliminate a possibility of a single machine issue.

AR10
12-15-2007, 03:38 AM
I have downloaded and installed every version of this
there is. None will work! Run time errors?

wiljen
12-25-2007, 12:57 AM
I have downloaded and installed every version of this
there is. None will work! Run time errors?

Sorry to hear that. The Access-runtime does seem to give some people fits. Especially those with vista or Windows ME it seems.

AR10
12-26-2007, 10:51 PM
I am running Win XP Pro with no known problems.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Curt

trent2
12-31-2007, 11:01 PM
I was having the same runtime error problem, but I have XP pro on one drive and all of my computer programs on another.
When I installed reloaders guide to the drive and partition that contains XP, it worked fine.

I had about two other programs that would not run unless installed on the same drive and partition as XP.
It seems as though those programs are looking for something in the operating system and unless installed in the same, it can't find it and won't run.
Hope this helps.

Trent

Johnw...ski
01-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Down loaded your program yesterday, it really $%&#%@ up my computor, just getting it back to normal now.

Thanks for nothing,

John

wiljen
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Down loaded your program yesterday, it really $%&#%@ up my computor, just getting it back to normal now.

Thanks for nothing,

John

No one ever got help that didn't ask for it. I see no postings, prior to this, asking whats wrong - what do I need ? I was exactly as much help as you let me be. I'm sorry it didn't work for you, and hope you get your computer back the way you like it.

fireflyfather
01-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Wiljen, most of us appreciate the work you've done on this. It doesn't always work perfectly, but you've always done your best to help. Ignore the griefers.

single shot
01-24-2008, 03:59 AM
Wiljen

Ignore the flamers. The program is a great aid. THANK YOU FOR CREATING IT.[smilie=w:

I wonder how many of the gripes were eye dee ten tee errors.

Surveyor
02-12-2008, 03:33 AM
THANK YOU!!! I also recently downloaded the program and it worked perfectly the first time - no problem. I find it difficult to believe that someone would devote that much time to developing the program and then give it away to everyone. [smilie=w: Don't understand why you are giving it away but I am certainly glad that you are, again, THANK YOU. I am new to reloading and had been searching just this type of software. Currently I am reloading Marlin .444 and .30-06.

Frank.

wiljen
02-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Released a new lite version today that includes shotgun data. If you have tons of data you've added to an older version, PM me and I'll help ya upgrade it.

Also, I'm debating the need for the manuals and targets. Those two items take up most of the space. What say you - keep em or lose em?

billhedges
03-16-2008, 05:18 PM
i have it on my computer but cannot open it.
oh well.
i know that you put a lot of work into it.
thanks anyway!
bill

i am just going to delete the whole thing.

billhedges
03-16-2008, 05:20 PM
btw,
this is a new computer with windows xp pro

wiljen
03-16-2008, 11:22 PM
btw,
this is a new computer with windows xp pro

Sounds like maybe the file didn't download completely. I just downloaded it again from Sourceforge and loaded it on an XP virtual machine to make certain there is not a problem with the installer and it worked fine. I've had several people say that sourceforge didn't let them download it all and that using a download manager like getright was helpful. Check the file size when you download it and see if it matches what it should.

Wiljen

ImConfused666
03-28-2008, 04:21 AM
Hello all. It seems I have a problem with the installation of the latest version. I had the previous version 6.something-or-other. I had a problem with my computer and decided to upgrade to a new quad-core machine. Much faster than the old machine. Anyway, you can't just copy the program over from one machine to another and have it work right so I naturally decided to redownload and install the latest version. It seems like it expects to have the database files (MS-Access) running ina a particular folder (TEST1). I can't seem to find where I can tell the software to look for the database files in the default folder (Program Files\Reloaders Refernce). This seems like it would be an easy fix and something must have gone wrong with the install program. Maybe I should just delete and download and run the install again...?

wiljen
03-29-2008, 12:10 PM
The install defaults to c:\program files\reloaders reference on 32bit installs and c:\program files(x86)\reloaders reference on 64bit machines. It does give you a choice of changing the path in the installer. As for MSAccess, the path doesn't matter as it associates with the file type. It is typically installed to c:\program files\msoffice\12.0\Access for the 2007 version or 11.0 for the 2003 version. I'm not sure what the issue you are running into is, but you can copy the RR directory from the old computer and download the MSAccess 2007 Runtime from microsoft and install it. That will work as well.

kg42
03-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Also, I'm debating the need for the manuals and targets. Those two items take up most of the space. What say you - keep em or lose em?
How big would a load data only version be?

Thanks
kg

wiljen
03-30-2008, 11:45 PM
the load only component is about 80meg and is posted

kg42
03-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks, Wiljen.

wiljen
04-06-2008, 02:19 PM
For those of you with Vista, I have posted instructions on how to fix a problem with the RRv9 install. Please read and follow these or RR will start in read-only mode and you will not be able to use most of the functions. This is not a problem with RR per say, but rather a change in the permissions on the program files directory made by Microsoft between XP and Vista that is causing problems.

The good news is, its a pretty simple fix.

coralcop
04-21-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm running Windows XP, have tried to download it three times, several versions, including apparently the latest. It wont run. It's trying to associate with a program to open it. Anything new? Suggestions?

wiljen
04-22-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm running Windows XP, have tried to download it three times, several versions, including apparently the latest. It wont run. It's trying to associate with a program to open it. Anything new? Suggestions?

Are you loading the access runtime or did you tell it you have access?

coralcop
04-23-2008, 03:14 AM
I didnt tell it I had access.

wiljen
04-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Try downloading the access runtime from MS (Link below) and run it and see if it still doesnt recognize the filetype. It sounds as if it did not get loaded.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D9AE78D9-9DC6-4B38-9FA6-2C745A175AED&displaylang=en

pittbull46
12-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks wiljam reloaders ref is a great program

missionary5155
12-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Good morning Thanks for the work and time you put into this. This jaut added to my info here in Peru by about 500%.

wiljen
12-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Glad to know it is still finding good use. It seems to maintain a pretty steady pattern of about 1000 downloads a month.

RPSM1
04-18-2009, 04:07 AM
Great program - thanks for all the hard work you've put into it!

Question - what are the differences between the two versions (Master List and Load Data List) of the Dimension queries under the Reference Section?

Thanks in advance

retreader
05-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks for all the work that you've done to make this program. It is appreciated.

One question because I am new to reloading. Do I correctly assume that the loads you've input are all maximum loads?

griz
05-08-2010, 05:08 AM
after shooting rim rocks 500 s&w and 45-70 bullets both hard cast.i havent shot any cast bullets that fly straighter and penetrate deeper.if you want 100% kill rate than these bullets are for you!

DukeInMaine
08-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Wiljen,
Thanks for your efforts. I have a ton of experience as a software beta tester, and can help you with the development.

I downloaded and installed the software.
I installed the RUNTIME version, even though I have Microsoft Access.

Here's my first report:

Started up the program.

Top of header shows: 9.3X74R

The Welcome screen comes up. The "Close Welcome Screen" doesn't close the window. The "X" at the top of the window does, however.

I select:
Loading data
Cast Bullet Data > By Cartridge

I get the error: C:\Test1\Coredata.mdb is not a valid path

Seems that your program ignores the actual install path, and looks for the data file where you installed it.

Haven't looked any deeper than that. Feel free to email me, and we can work through the testing behind the scenes.

UPDATE:
Just went back into the program, and see that "Some features of the database were disabled"...... I enabled the features, and the above mentioned issues go away.

Not sure where, in the program that you fix that, but something needs fixing. Cause I'd bet money that Test1 is a real folder on your computer.......

Splatter
08-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Wow, This is a bit of a necro-post.
Any idea when version 10 of this excellent package will be released?

Toby
10-17-2010, 03:23 AM
I have tried to get reloaders reference to work and every time that i open it i get the welcome screen and i close it out then i get nothing. I am running vista could some one please help me.
Thank You

DaleP
11-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I have tried to get reloaders reference to work and every time that i open it i get the welcome screen and i close it out then i get nothing. I am running vista could some one please help me.
Thank You

After closing the welcome screen, all the program functions are opened from the menu at the top of the window. You can have multiple things open at the same time. Powder inventory, primers, and brass ect... You can loose windows behind each other though.

DaleP
11-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Hello Wilgen

Misfire99

I'm not sure how hard it would be to convert the code part, but the tables and forms should work fine in openoffice. The http://go-oo.org/ version has better VBA support for importing and converting the code.

DaleP
11-02-2010, 10:37 PM
I'd like to point out that there is a tracker feature on sourceforge.net for posting bugs and feature requests. It might be a better place to put that information rather than making wiljen sift thru the forum messages. I'd still mention it here for other users to see though.

revbc
06-11-2011, 04:11 PM
I saw on page 8 where William said he posted a fix (workaround) for the permission problem with windows 7 64 bit. Does anyone know where he posted it? I can't seem to locate it. I'm having that particular problem.

Thanks
Bobby

salide
07-04-2011, 06:07 PM
is there a help file to help install? i thank you for all your hard work