PDA

View Full Version : Doug & 3/8s

d-o-k
03-28-2007, 11:31 AM
As you will realise by now Doug ,was(is) a very unuseal person ! He employed several Rabbit shooters for the time I was dogging out on the Nullabour & some of them were to say the least ...........Er different ![smilie=w: One who will always stay in my mind (& I've met some real nutters over the years ) Was 3/8s! I was introduced to him as 3/8s & never found out his real name as he was'nt out there all that long (thank God )
He had turned up at Eucla (just inside Western Australia ) & had looked Doug up ! He told Doug he'd come to work for him as he (3/8s ) was the Greatest Rabbit Shooter in Australia ! His claim to fame was that every Rabbit he shot was hit excatly 3/8s of a inch behind the eye !!!! (I asked Doug about this idiots ability & was assured he shot 70% gut shots ) He claimed at one stage that he other Shooters were stealing his rabbits from his Chiller & proceeded to put a chain round the door with a Padlock (we're talking in the middle of the desert here Folks!)
He ended up leaving never to be seen again ! We were all down at Eucla & Doug was asked about his star Shooter ? Apparently the end came when Doug had gone out to pick up the Rabbits from 3/8s chiller & found him clearing rocks & bushes along a long streach ! The question was asked of course ......Wot are ya Doing ? The answer (Doug dinned out for months on this one ) ........I'm building ,my "Run way"!!!!!........ Run Way ????????????????????????? Yes for my Ultra Light ! :confused: :confused: Ultra Light :confused: ? Yes I'm bringing a Ultra light up here & I'm fitting it with Spot lights !!!!:) ....................

Now at this Point you'll be thinking what Doug & the rest of us had visions of ...3/8s AKA the Red Baron ! Doug asks if this is the case & gets asked if his some sort of idiot (From a Man whos building a runway in the middle of the desert ) No of course his not going to try & shoot from the ultra light :neutral:
No his going to fly round at night & find concentrations of Rabbits & drop Flour Blombs to mark where his seen them ,then return the following night to where his marked & shoot !!!!!! Needless to say Doug got rid of him !!!!

Dave

kg42
03-28-2007, 12:11 PM
3/8s.... How many beers do you have in a pack down there?

Here we say "a couple of slices short of a meatloaf" or "a couple of cans short of a six pack" to describe that kind of... er... person. In their defense, life would be very boring without them :mrgreen:

d-o-k
03-28-2007, 12:17 PM
3/8s.... How many beers do you have in a pack down there?

Here we say "a couple of slices short of a meatloaf" or "a couple of cans short of a six pack" to describe that kind of... er... person. In their defense, life would be very boring without them :mrgreen:

Go on!!! Ya want to say it!! Their MORONS :coffee: My life would be easier with out em ! :-D

Dave

kg42
03-28-2007, 12:24 PM
How did you know I answered so quickly? My computer is a couple of bits short of 32 and doesn't tell me anything!

versifier
03-28-2007, 02:53 PM
One sandwich short of a picnic, the elevator don't get to the top floor, nummer than a boot, two points smarter than a rock, the lights are on but nobody's home, his dough ain't rizzen, looser than a sneaker full of sh....(fresh fertilizer), meet Mo and his brother Ron.....:mrgreen:
Life would be boring indeed without the "less than gifted" part of our population, as long as we can stay safely behind them and watch. :-D