PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Bore Cleaners

nedley01
01-30-2007, 04:47 AM
Hi

Recently became interested in shooting/reloading after a break. Live in Australia.
Have read info (web) on the Outers Foul Out 11 electronic bore cleaner. Have attempted to look at Outers-Guncare site to no avail.

Is Outers still around? is the Foul Out 11 still available and are they all they are claimed to be?

Any help appreciated....can't seem to find anythong over here in Australia therefore recommendation (and link) where to buy on line.

Cheers

d-o-k
01-30-2007, 05:33 AM
G'day Mate welcome to the site ! I'm next door in SA ! Outers is still avalible ,but like everything else over here it' a hit & miss affair if you can get it ! I use a lot of the Tetra products & still use the Old Sweets 7.62 for copper fouling .

Where are you in the West Mate ? I still have family in Kalgoorlie .

Dave

nedley01
01-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Dave; am in Carnarvon WA

versifier
01-30-2007, 12:03 PM
It's a simple matter to make one of your own and cost is minimal. You need some 1/8' iron rod, 1/8" o rings, a rubber stopper, some wire, two alligator clips, and an old Dcell flashlight (or you can get fancy and use a continuity tester). For the electrolyte solution, you need a bottle of household ammonia and one of white vinegar. I have less than $10 in mine and it works great. I have a great article on making them in .pdf format, with photos. PM me an email address and I will send it along. I made a similar offer over on CB and have sent it out to many there.

kg42
01-30-2007, 03:28 PM
I have a great article on making them in .doc format, with photos.

What about writing your own for Gunloads? :)

kg

versifier
01-31-2007, 01:34 AM
This one made it unnecessary. If I wrote it up, I would do so with an idea of selling it, and none of the gun rags would run it as it would show everyone how to not pay serious money for something they could make for less than $10 and piss off their advertisers.