PDA

View Full Version : I Got A New Gun. YIIIPPPPYYYY!!! Swedish rifle! YIPPPPYYY AGAIN!!!

Bullshop Junior
01-05-2007, 07:41 AM
To day I got a swedish mouser M96 is 6.5X55 swede. With the gun I got 1 box of new unused brass, 1 box of loaded ammo and new brass, 150 100gn herters and about 30 hornady something or another. I made one box of brass out of 30/06, and will do that a lot for it is a lot cheaper. The gun is drilled and tapped for a peep sight, and has a forged bolt. I got the gun from my dad, so he is paying for the drill and tap for scope, and the forged bolt, and the low swing safety. Now for the hard stuff! Does any one have a stray hinged floor plate for the M96, and a low swing safty and the part does not have to be from a sweed. No guaranteeing that I will buy it, but if you do send me a P.M. so that we can try to work a deal. Now just got to get that bolt back from the mail man and have to go out and shoot it. I traded it for mt old 788 Remington. I got to keep the rings and scope, and they will go on my mauser.
Now do you have good loads for the 100gn bullets?
Thanks, and your welcome,
Daniel
:mrgreen: http://forum.gunloads.com/images/smilies/huntin/fighting67.gif:mrgreen:

Bullshop Junior
01-06-2007, 02:52 AM
Ok I got the low swing safety, now just for the hinged floor plate.
Daniel/Bs Jr.

d-o-k
01-06-2007, 05:49 AM
They have a very good reputation over our side of the pond though I have never owned one ,many of my friends swear by theirs good luck to you !

Dave

Sven Dufva
01-06-2007, 11:26 AM
M 96 is fantastic i have hunt with my father m 96 for many years the accurucy is fantastic. 6,5 mm is probobly the cartridge who have killed most moose in Sweden.
6,5 Swedish or scandinavien is almost the same cartridge and are the mostly used in target competision in Sweden. Norma and Lapua is making very good amunition in that caliber both for hunting and competision.

C1PNR
02-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Daniel,
Are you sure you meant 100 grain loads? In jacketed you really start about 129 grain, and in boolits it's still maybe 119 grain in the Lyman 266324.

Anyway, having followed some of your "rifle trading" activity, I wonder if you still have this one?:razz:

BTW, are you putting a scope on it, or a peep? I'm working with my gunsmith right now on putting a Lyman 57 rear peep and a front Globe on a previously Bubba-ed, sewer bore M38 Swede that we're rebarreling.

Bullshop Junior
02-24-2007, 06:53 AM
NO!! I still got it! I am keeping it!!! mine mine mine!!! It has a peep on it now, but I am going to put a scope on it and a synthetic stock. you know, I like the 30" barrel. I am real tall, and it fits me good. I like the balannce. Just to tell you how tall I am, I am about 5*10, and all legs. The neighbor boy calls me a crane!

Right now the sporterizing is put off, because I am saving for a Stevens 200 30/06.
Does any one here need a swiss K-31 with camo paint, or a russian m-44 carbean with a side folding bayonet?
Daniel/Bs Jr.